OT: Tornados in our area...AGAIN

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heather4Him

Re: OT: Tornados in our area...AGAIN

Post by Heather4Him » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Miranda--praying for your brother, his wife, and their baby, too!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Heather4Him wrote:Miranda--praying for your brother, his wife, and their baby, too!
I will be as well!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

I have been praying for all of you over there. Please pop in and keep us updated if you can. It has been so sad to hear all of the reports. It is comforting to trust that the Lord has His merciful hand fully involved in this terrible situation...
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

mommyof2ladies

Post by mommyof2ladies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I am praying for all of you! I hope that you and your families are all safe.
Andrea

Married to my hs sweetheart for 15yrs
DD10
DD8
1st blessing in Heaven 5/4/2012
DD1
2nd blessing in Heaven 2/11/2015

We have done LHTH, LHFHG and Beyond!

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Our area is in the clear for now and it's just horrible to hear the news of the areas hit much harder than my own. :( Our tornado season is not over yet so continue lifting all these areas in prayer as God brings it to your heart. It's so frightening at times knowing it can get so bad, so quickly, and your life or that of one you love can be over in an instant.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

mommyof2ladies

Post by mommyof2ladies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:14 pm

The pictures on the news are just so unbelievable! I am in Georgia. Luckily, the storms broke up a little before hitting my area. But not too far north and south of me, the story is very different. The damage tornadoes can cause is just amazing to me. I am glad that your family is safe! I am praying that we all get through this tornado season in one piece!
Andrea

Married to my hs sweetheart for 15yrs
DD10
DD8
1st blessing in Heaven 5/4/2012
DD1
2nd blessing in Heaven 2/11/2015

We have done LHTH, LHFHG and Beyond!

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm

I agree...prayers for the GA area and all areas affected are much appreciated!!! We are north of Atlanta and just missed the awful tornado activity in the Cartersville area (about 25 or so miles from us). Thankful that we did not get any damage here where we live and praying for those affected by these storms, but it is scary to see all the destruction and think that any of those could have been our house (no basement)! I really dread tornado weather and always have! :(
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:06 pm

So very sorry, for not updating sooner. Thank you all SO MUCH for your prayers...My brother, his wife and baby are doing fine and had no tornado damage in the area where they live -Praise the Lord!!! They're staying with us now in southern Alabama until their power is restored. All of Huntsville is without power right now, and it's expected to be out for at least 5 days...maybe longer according to the mayor. Still, it's a miniscule price to pay, considering what so many others have been through. My heart just breaks, at the amount of devastation and loss these storms have caused. I have several friends that are still waiting to hear from unaccounted family members. They are frantic. All they're getting is busy signals when they try to call...I'm sure it's mainly because of the power outages, cell phone towers and telephone poles down, but it has to be so terrible just to not to know anything. Please continue to lift up all of those affected by these storms in your prayers.
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/