How many of you are back to school this week?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

Re: How many of you are back to school this week?

Post by my3sons » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:16 am

We schooled last week right up until Christmas Eve day! :D Then, we had my sister here from TX after Christmas. We had a wonderful time catching up with her, her hubby, and their 7 dc! They just left yesterday, and today we are regrouping. We'll start back on Monday. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 am

We schooled up until last Thursday. We are on break for 2 more weeks. However we will read and work on math facts during our break.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:47 pm

We did school 2 days this week. Finished unit 23 for Bigger and did first 2 days in unit 6 for LHFHG. We were going to do 3 days this week and start back up next week, but the kids are not feeling well so we are taking today and tomorrow off. :(
With all that said. I only did school 2 days the week of Christmas, due to the kids doing a Christmas Program for different people, their old Pediatrician, Outreach at a low in come housing community, a group of elderly people we go to every year! :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:08 pm

We schooled up through last Thursday and will start back up this coming Monday. We had extended family staying here until yesterday and are recovering! We've had a touch of sickness too, and so we are enjoying a bit of much needed rest today. :D

jjcmehl

Post by jjcmehl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:39 pm

We did lessons up to Christmas Eve and started back up the Mon. following Christmas. We just completed Unit 14 in Bigger. With a little one due in 2-3 months, we are trying to complete as many units as possible.
Christine
wife to DH for 11 years
DD 10.5 (5th) Preparing w/ Ext, French, Logic
DS 9 (4th) Preparing, French
DS 5 (K) Bible, story, & 3 R's
Adding: Suzuki piano; nature, composer, & picture studies
DS 2.5 Tot School
DS 6 mo. Starting to crawl

Malenksha

Post by Malenksha » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:05 pm

We took two weeks off for the first time ever! We usually school all through Christmas week but DH actually had time off this year... a first for us. So we've been enjoying lots of time together! We've finished 18 weeks of lessons so it actually was a nice "semester" break for us.

We start back up on Monday (the 3rd). :)
DS 10 - Preparing Hearts
DS 6.5 - Little Hearts

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:57 pm

After 2 weeks off, I am glad to say that we will be starting back to school on Monday the 3rd of Jan! I am more than ready. The kids say they don't want to stop having break, but getting back into our routine will do us all some good. :)

Happy New Year everyone. :) May 2011 bring you much joy, peace, and happiness. Praise God for the coming of a New Year and that we are all here to see it come!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.