Anyone Familiar w/ "Adventures in Odyssey"?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
crlacey

Re: Anyone Familiar w/ "Adventures in Odyssey"?

Post by crlacey » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 pm

I'm so glad this topic was posted. My DD started listening little stories on CD in the car and has really enjoyed them, so we wanted to start buying more things to listen to.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 pm

crlacey wrote:I'm so glad this topic was posted. My DD started listening little stories on CD in the car and has really enjoyed them, so we wanted to start buying more things to listen to.

:lol: :lol: You're welcome! :lol: :lol:
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

faith0428

Post by faith0428 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:07 pm

I just came across www.jonathanpark.com and you can listen to it online. It also has other interesting things on the site - meet the characters, learn about creation, games, and more. I had never heard of Jonathan Park before so I'm interested in checking it out.
~ April Faith ~
http://www.desiremyheart.blogspot.com
Wife to Andy since 3/98
Mom to:
Savannah Hope 12 (11/01) and Amaris Love 10 (6/03) doing Res2Ref
Jadon Andrew 8 (1/06) and Bethany Joy 6 (4/07) doing BLHFHG

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I also found a lot of great podcasts that we listen to. They aren't all specifically Christian, but they are classic stories and poems, some original stories, etc. Just go to podcasts on your itunes and search for children's stories. :-)
We like Odyssey in our house. :-) We also like a lot of the old time radio shows, (of which the names escape me right now :roll: )
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: