Please ease my mind about my 8.5 yr.old doing Beyond!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heart_Mom

Re: Please ease my mind about my 8.5 yr.old doing Beyond!

Post by Heart_Mom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 am

I don't have time to read all the posts, but I wanted to let you know that I used Beyond last year with my then 9 and 6 year olds. I really wanted my 9 year old to be ready for Bigger last year, but he just wasn't. And now that we've just started Bigger this week (at age 10 for my oldest), I know it was the right decision. It is going very well :D , and there's NO WAY it would have worked last year. It just doesn't made sense to push our children ahead of what they are truly ready for!!!

Relax! (I need to follow that advice, too!)
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks again for all of the encouragement, ladies :D The past couple of days have been bliss since I have finally put this concern out of my mind and am able to completely enjoy the time I get to spend with my daughter in this program. I also wanted to respond to this statement from Becky:
Perhaps we should just trust and feel peace, but it's also a pleasure to have company along the way!!
I so agree -thank you to all of you who "raised your hand" :lol: It's best to surrender to the Lord's plan but it helps to know there are others in the same boat!
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 am

We used Beyond last year with my then 9 year old who turned 10 in Feb. ... and we were still doing Beyond until May. It has been perfect for him! You will be fine! Enjoy. It is a wonderful program...
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!