I know this is a silly question but...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Cher

I know this is a silly question but...

Post by Cher » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:02 pm

what does Heart of Dakota mean? I had looked at HOD before briefly and (I know this is dumb) but I actually was turned off by the fact that I didn't know what the title meant and thought it would sound weird saying it to other people when they asked what curriculum I use. I am feeling really foolish for admitting this but... it's the truth. I am pretty set on using it next year. I have used Trail Guide to Learning and I have loved using it but I need something for my younger dd and HOD looks like a perfect fit. I'm not so hung up on the name anymore but I would really like to know what it means. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks,
Cher

Candice

Re: I know this is a silly question but...

Post by Candice » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:40 pm

julsoliveira

Post by julsoliveira » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 pm

There are no silly questions! :wink:

RestInHim

Post by RestInHim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 am

Great question!

And thanks for the link, Candice :D I had sometimes wondered that myself, but since all the boxes came from South Dakota I simply assumed that's why it is called HOD :lol:

Thanks for asking, Cher! There are a lot of newer members since that post (like me :) ) and it's great to know.
Sara
Married to Jaysen for 8 years
Cassidy: Beyond, Cheerful Cursive, ERS, Math Mammoth
Joel: LHTH, BJU Math K5, A Reason for Handwriting K, The Reading Lesson
Timothy: 17 months

psreit

Post by psreit » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 am

I don't remember ever reading that thread. Thanks for the link.

Honestly, I have loved the name since I found this curriculum 3 years ago. I have always been in awe of the west. I am from PA and love the mountains. But, when I go to visit my sister in Montana, I just love driving through the Dakotas and seeing the big, open sky. I'm a Little House fan, too. :wink: It has been six years since we were that far west. Next time we are, we will plan a stop in the 'Heart' of Dakota. :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

Cher

Post by Cher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:06 am

Oh I'm so glad to get an answer. You ladies are great! I had a chance to visit the HOD booth at my local convention this weekend and my children and I are so excited to get started. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Blessings,
Cher