Am I the only one (Little House books)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Kims

Am I the only one (Little House books)

Post by Kims » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm

My son is reading animal adventures to me right now. All I can envision is Michael Landon as Pa and Karen Grassle as Ma and Mellisa Gilbert as Laura...Well you get the picture. LOL Plus when it said Pa had a beard I was like NO WAY Pa never had a beard. LOL
I surely can't be the only one here that grew up watching Little House and Pa will always be Michael Landon to. ;)
Kim S
Jamie 22, Sloane 19, Savannah 18, Collin 9, and Judah 7
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

arstephia

Re: Am I the only one (Little House books)

Post by arstephia » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

LOL! I know what you are talking about! My kids listened to Little House audio books long before they ever saw an episode of the show, and they had the opposite reaction... "Mommy, why doesn't this Pa have a beard??" I was kind of glad they had listened to/read the books first!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

Kims

Post by Kims » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I know. My kids have never seen an episode of Little House so they have not pre conceived ideas. I on the other hand just can't get past it. LOL
Kim S
Jamie 22, Sloane 19, Savannah 18, Collin 9, and Judah 7
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I have a harder time imagining Jack as a BULLDOG rather than a scruffy shaggy lil dog. Hehe.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 am

I too had a hard time with the books being different from the shows. In my head I will always see the characters as they were on the show rather than how the books describe them.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH