How is Emmett?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mercy

How is Emmett?

Post by Mercy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Hope he is doing better...

Praying for all of you during this thanksgiving - Emmett, Carrie's dad, and always lifting you up Carrie as you work through tgese guides! May the Lord's hand be upon all of you and all you do.

Thankful for Heart of Dakota!

Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

my3sons

Re: How is Emmett?

Post by my3sons » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Thank you so much for asking about my dear little Emmett! :D We had a scare when he was hospitalized after throwing up and eating nothing for 4 days. IV's with lots of fluid seemed to rejuvenate him in the hospital, but when we got home he still had a tough time getting back to normal. Praise the Lord, today is the first day I feel that he is almost completely back to normal! :D It feels so good to see him doing normal things rather than just laying around limply. God is so good and has restored his health!

Our Dad is on his third cycle of chemo now. He gets quite sick and so tired for several days after each weekly chemo treatment, but then he seems to rally some right before heading back to another treatment. It is an up/down cycle. He maintains a good attitude and is quick to give God the glory for His care each day. We always give our parents tickets and hotel reservations for a Christian quartet convention for Christmas, and this year Dad has said he feels unable to go. We tried to talk him into it, thinking the oncologist said he could try to go on his off week, but he quietly responded, "Right now, girls, I am just fighting for my life. It is all I can do. I'll have to pass this year, but thank you anyway." It just kind of broke my heart. It is a reminder of the struggle he is going through that sometimes we try to push out of mind for a bit.

Your prayers are so coveted still for our Dad, and for our Mom standing by his side through this all! God's provision and care has been good. We praise Him for His steadfast love that is constant, unquestionable, and deeper than we can fathom! May He continue to care for our father. Thank you for asking, Mercy, it is so much appreciated! :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Julie, thanking the LORD with you for Emmett's healing, and still praying for your sweet dad!! (((((hugs)))))
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

alydar

Post by alydar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Julie,

So glad to hear Emmett has improved! Your dad and all your family are in my prayers. Cancer has affected our family very closely and deeply, too. May the Lord continue to be the source of your strength and comfort.
Whitney

DS 10.5
DD 8.5

DS 5.5

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103:1

Molly

Post by Molly » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Praise God for the recovery of wee Emmett. How great it must be to watch him back to good health.

Julie and Carrie, I too am praying for your Dad and Mum and all your family here in New Zealand. Your Dad is such an amazing man, his witness must be amazing to you all and those around you. I do pray God will continue to carry you all during this time. God bless you all.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:10 am

Awe...Im glad he's doing much better! ;-) Its so tough to see our little ones
going through such a rough time. :-(

I will keep praying for your dads continued recovery and strength for all of you during this time.

(((Hugs)))

Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm

I love your Dad's response praying for him! That Chemo is such nasty stuff.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫