This is it???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
GrannySimplicity

This is it???

Post by GrannySimplicity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Today, the package arrived with my kids' curriculum, LHTH and BLHHG. I have been looking at the materials and what came to my mind first was, "Is this all there is to it?"

I am not saying that in a negative way at all. I am just surprised at the gentle approach the materials take to teach the lessons. I am also thrilled that I don't have to run to the store and buy any special supplies before starting tomorrow morning. I homeschooled my now-adult sons years ago and it was so different than this.

In looking over the LHTH book, I am thrilled that this is something that I can do with my son. I will have to take baby steps with him, but we will be able to work through it. This curriculum will be a great blessing to our family.
Paula
http://ourprairiehome.wordpress.com

ds - LHTH
dd - BLHFHG

lissiejo

Re: This is it???

Post by lissiejo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Isn't it fabulous? So simple and easy, yet complete beyond anything I could have created myself!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

GrannySimplicity

Post by GrannySimplicity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 pm

I think that the high point of my day has been that she asked to start on Saturday. We are finishing up a project tomorrow, then Friday she and her brother spend the day with their Auntie. She is so excited. It is such a blessing to see her so animated about doing school again.
Paula
http://ourprairiehome.wordpress.com

ds - LHTH
dd - BLHFHG

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

lissiejo wrote:Isn't it fabulous? So simple and easy, yet complete beyond anything I could have created myself!
I agree. :D

Enjoy!
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 pm

HOD is truly fabulous. In the words of my mother, after doing HOD for a day with her grandson, said "ALL your homeschool friends should be using this!".

Yes, it is so good.

Left to my own devices, I would try to read too much, make ds do too many worksheets... oh and none of it would be fun. It would be day after long boring day. I might be able to make it fun now and then... but every day? Not likely. It would be burnout city, for sure.

DS loves LHFHG so much that he still asks to do it! Everyday! It is our special time together, full of fun and snuggling and giggles. HOD= awesome.

Perfectly balanced.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG