First Day of School

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

First Day of School

Post by blessedmomof4 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm

It went really well :) My daughters were up before me, getting their day started. By the time I got out of bed, dd 12 was hard at work on her Independent boxes in CTC and dd 14 was ready to go with dh to get her braces off :D By the time she got back, we sat together to review her schedule for the week, and she got down to work. I got my college work done in the morning while dd 12 was doing her independent stuff, then I worked with her the rest of the morning and a little after lunch. All was finished by 2:30. Today we are finished at 1:30, although dd 14 did a bit less because her mouth hurts (her retainer is making her sore). The only thing still suffering is housework, because I am so big and having lots of Braxton-Hicks, so I really can't do more than sit or lie down most of the day...the girls help, but they don't always do the jobs as well as I wish, and poor dh cooks dinner when he gets home from work. I wish we had a housekeeper :mrgreen:
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

4Hispraise

Re: First Day of School

Post by 4Hispraise » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Celebrating a great start to your school year! :D The housework is never ending and will be there after the baby is born, so relax (easy for me to say) and enjoy this incredible season. May the Lord continue to bless your year and your family. :D
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm

:D
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:54 pm

This sounds like a great first day of school - I am so glad for you and your dc! :D :D :D The ladies are right - housework will always be there. I know how it can weigh on a mama though, especially when expecting and unable to do things normally done. This too shall pass! :D Some things just do have to be let go sometimes. When I am feeling weighed down by household tasks, I like to think what is REALLY bugging me the most. Usually there are some things that I can let go, and others that are truly driving me nuts. :shock: It's the 'driving me nuts things' I do or have the kiddos do as soon as possible. I bet you know one thing that is driving you nuts right now, and if you have one of your dc do that 1 thing (and maybe they get a little reward for doing it - i.e. hot cocoa, extra computer time, later bedtime, a dollar, or just a very happy mama :D etc.), then you can move on to the #2 thing that is most unnerving the next day. :D Works for us! However, bedrest during pregnancy did help me become more able to let some things go. So be sure to give yourself some well deserved grace at this stage! :D Your most important job right now is safe-guarding your health and baby's health. Anything standing in the way of that will just have to wait its turn for your time and energy - and that's just fine. Praying for you, baby, and family, but CONGRATS on a great first day! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks everyone :) Julie, thanks for the words of wisdom. I am happy to report the whole first week went just as well :D Keri did volunteer to do some yard work (one thing that was driving me nuts) and I had to remind the girls to sweep the floor downstairs and empty the wastebaskets. They are pretty good about the dishes...now if I can get someone to vaccuum the stairs :roll:
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Sound wonderful. Glad it went so smoothly.
Blessings,
Linda<><
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com