Hi! we made it to Colorado!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hippiechyck

Hi! we made it to Colorado!

Post by hippiechyck » Thu May 08, 2008 6:41 pm

hi all! we made it!

AND we'll be getting back into school groove on Monday so i can actually "check in" :lol:

it was a great ride across 6 states, and we immediately got sick as dogs our second night here :roll: we're just all recovering

looking forward to get back into school grioove and exploring all the great things in the Denver Metro area!
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu May 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your sickness, but happy to hear you made it there safe and sound! :D We have a vacation planned to Colorada in Sept., so I may have to get some tips from you on where to go and what to see! Have fun starting back to school on Monday!!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Welcome Home Barbara! I am so glad to see your smiling face. I'm also terribly sorry that you got sick. (((Warm Embrace))) Congratulations on your move!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu May 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Glad to hear that you're "home". It will be so nice to get settled, I'm sure! :D

Our family loves the mountains in Colorado!! I've talked to my husband several times about how happy the cows would be in the cool mountain air...I'm sure they'd give more milk in that great climate! :D :D :roll: (I don't think we'll be joining you anytime soon...but we also have tentative plans to vacation there in September. :wink: )

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri May 09, 2008 5:34 am

Glad you made it to Colorado safely. Sorry you all got sick upon arrival. Just a tip from a former mile high gal, drink lots of water, it'll help with altitude sickness. I'm sure you're going to love the homeschooling opportunities in Denver. I miss the museum and zoo! There is an active homeschooling group in the area so you may want to check them out.
Crystal
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Fri May 09, 2008 7:19 am

yes, there is a VERY active and large group right here!

we are all drinking lots of water, but thank you for the reminder...it never hurts!

we may go to the zoo on Sunday if we all are feeling up for it...i've been looking forward to getting there even before the actual move :P
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Laura in CO

Welcome to CO!

Post by Laura in CO » Sat May 10, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome to Colorado! I'm glad you made it, but sorry you were sick :(

Let me know if you have questions about anything or if I can help in any way!

Laura
Mom to four young ladies, ages 8, 6, 5, and 3

familymgrkendra

Post by familymgrkendra » Sat May 10, 2008 8:07 am

WOOHOO!! Glad you made it safely. Sorry about the sickness. Good luck with getting back into school!
Kendra Neal
Frugal Family Manager to:
DH-Harlin
Joshua 6yrs, Nathan 4yrs, Daniel 3yrs

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon May 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Barbara,

So glad you made it safely to Denver. We'll pray you all will settle in and get over your sickness soon. :)

We're heading to Denver for the convention in a month or so. I do love the mountains, but I don't love the altitude adjustment. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie