Worldview in Rev to Rev - is this adequate for HS?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
deltagal

Worldview in Rev to Rev - is this adequate for HS?

Post by deltagal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Just a quick question - I've not looked at the worldview resource in the Rev to Rev guide. I'm sure it's quite good, though. I did notice that the recommended age is up to 14. Is this a resource I should consider adequate to use towards our High School credit in Bible or is there a need for a higher-level material?
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

blessed2five

Re: Worldview in Rev to Rev - is this adequate for HS?

Post by blessed2five » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Great question Florence, I was wondering the same thing. Looking at samples and reviews, it looks like it would work fine for 9th grade. We may try to use it together as a family study with dad! I will be watching the responses from those who have already used it.
Emily
Homeschooling mom to 5dc, wife to wonderful dh
dd 13 finished RTR onto RevtoRev in the fall
dd 10 Preparing
dd 5 ready for LHFHG
ds 16, dd 3

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:07 pm

It is going to count toward Bible for my 9th grader.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

tollhousemom

Post by tollhousemom » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:23 pm

You might find some guidance in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8208&p=59715

davisfam7

Post by davisfam7 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Florence and Emily,
We felt that this is 9th grade worthy. My son and daughter would resd and then discuss with dad. It was a tool to get them talking and thinking and we had lots of grest discussions!
Sarah
wife to Bobby
Taylor 22 helping @ home
Ryan 18 World History
Olivia 16 World History
Alec 13 MtMM
Jack-Attack 1 CtC
Have done Bigger, Preparing, RtR, Rev to Rev, MtMM, World Geo.

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:20 am

Is it 10th grade worthy?
With Joy!
Florence

Began HOD 1/2009

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Florence,

I would definitely count it toward credit, but since it is only done twice weekly, you'll need to add more to it to truly earn .5 of a credit in Worldview. :D When pondering what to add, there are some suggestions in the link in the thread above, all of which are definitely credit-worthy. :D

Keep in mind that there will also be the Biblical Worldview of Self-Image text in MTMM (Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here?), so together those two texts (possibly along with something else shorter in nature would give you .5 of a worldview credit). :D If you were wanting to add something shorter on this similar topic, it could be something like 7 Men Who rule the World from the Grave by Dave Reese (which I have not read but do own), or Postmodern Times: A Christian Guide to Comtemporary Thought and Culture by Gene Edward Veith, Jr. (which I have not yet read but do own), or possibly doing something from BJU (as they have a worldview brief study in their modular booklets for high school called Who Is This Jesus? or another to consider may be The Way of the Word), or World Religions in a Nutshell (which I haven't read yet, but have heard of), or something brief like that to do once weekly throughout the year. :D You would have to preview any of these carefully first to see what you think, as I have yet to go through them.

Blessings,
Carrie

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Carrie wrote:Florence,

I would definitely count it toward credit, but since it is only done twice weekly, you'll need to add more to it to truly earn .5 of a credit in Worldview. :D When pondering what to add, there are some suggestions in the link in the thread above, all of which are definitely credit-worthy. :D

Keep in mind that there will also be the Biblical Worldview of Self-Image text in MTMM (Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here?), so together those two texts (possibly along with something else shorter in nature would give you .5 of a worldview credit). :D If you were wanting to add something shorter on this similar topic, it could be something like 7 Men Who rule the World from the Grave by Dave Reese (which I have not read but do own), or Postmodern Times: A Christian Guide to Comtemporary Thought and Culture by Gene Edward Veith, Jr. (which I have not yet read but do own), or possibly doing something from BJU (as they have a worldview brief study in their modular booklets for high school called Who Is This Jesus? or another to consider may be The Way of the Word), or World Religions in a Nutshell (which I haven't read yet, but have heard of), or something brief like that to do once weekly throughout the year. :D You would have to preview any of these carefully first to see what you think, as I have yet to go through them.

Blessings,
Carrie
Thank you Carrie. :D I do recognize some of those titles, but I've not read any of them, either. Happy reading to you and me! :D
With Joy!
Florence

Began HOD 1/2009