Sharing schedules 2012

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
aspenskies

Sharing schedules 2012

Post by aspenskies » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 pm

I loved reading through the schedule thread. My situation is different in the fact that I also run a family daycare home. I hired a good friend to join me as co-owner this year, which will be a big help. (she has a toddler she plans to homeschool, I sent her a link to HOD).

We will be starting CtC next week or the week after. I planned my son's schedule around the daycare schedule. My son enjoys picking and choosing which lessons he would like to do when. A blocked out time for independent lessons and lessons with mom works best for us.

edited to add: the schedule is not showing up right, so I bolded and changed the color of my son's activities.

2012 Schedule: Daycare and Colin (Creation to Christ)

6:00 am – 7:30 am mom wake-up; morning routine; quiet bible time; check email; computer time; prepare for the day
Daycare Colin
7:00 am – 7:30 am wake-up; get dressed; quiet bible time
7:30 am - 8:00 am arrival; free play morning routine; pick-up and put-away
8:00 am - 8:15 am clean-up; wash hands set table for breakfast; help with serving
8:15 am - 8:50 am breakfast breakfast; help with clean-up
8:50 am - 9:00 am clean-up, gather for circle time “ “
9:00 am - 9:30 am circle time independent lessons
9:30 am - 10:00 am station time; arts and crafts; lessons “ “
10:00 am - 10:15 am wash hands; morning snack morning snack or break
10:15 am - 10:50 am station time; arts and crafts; lessons independent lessons
10:50 am - 11:00 am clean-up “ “
11:00 am - 11:45 am outside play outside play; nature study; help w/daycare kids
11:45 am - 12:30 pm wash hands; lunch, clean-up help with lunch prep; lunch; help with clean-up
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm stories independent reading
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm nap/quiet time (soft music played) lessons with mom; free time
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm wake; wash hands; gather at table help prepare snack
3:15 pm - 3:30 pm afternoon snack snack
3:30 pm - 4:15 pm outside play outside play; nature study; help w/daycare kids
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm free play afternoon routine; pick-up and put-away
4:45 pm - 4:55 pm clean-up help w/daycare kids
4:55 pm - 5:30 pm table play “ “
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm help with dinner prep, dinner, help with clean-up
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm finish lessons; (if complete) free time
7:00 pm – 9:30 pm free time; read-aloud, evening routine
9:30 pm prepare for bed; prayers; have a good night!

Mom usually prepares for bed, says prayers, and is in bed at the same time or soon after.
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

my3sons

Re: Sharing schedules 2012

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 pm

aspenskies - It looks like you have put together a good schedule! :D I like how you have the times blocked off, and have a plan for what everyone is doing. I let my oldest have some freedom in the order of his independent work too - I bet your ds will like that. I like that you have your meeting time with him during the quiet time. It will be great to have another homeschooling mom to help too. She needs an HOD catalog of her very own! :D It is busy working and homeschooling - I do too. But with a good plan intact, our homeschooling days can be filled with joy! May you have a wonderful start with CTC with your ds! :D Thanks for sharing your schedule, and be sure to share if you get a chance in this thread too, as it will surely help others as they plan their days...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

aspenskies

Post by aspenskies » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Thank you so much, Julie!

It is a challenge at times to work and homeschool. I do enjoy my slower daycare days here and there were we can get our lessons done in the morning. It is going to be very nice having a homeschool friend working with me, for the both of us.She does need a catalog of her own...you know I will not be able to share mine. :D I am usually good with sharing :wink: except when it comes to my homeschool catalogs. They need their own. :mrgreen: He is only 18 months, but I know she is very excited to get him started.

I will go post it in the schedule thread right now.
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 am

Your schedule looks great, speaking of scheduels, mine will be changing. I usually I start with Latin with my four older children but just this past week I had a talk with dh and dc that I can no longer sit with them and I am pulling Caleb and Brent from the 'class'.

So here is my new block schedule, that we will start Monday (Lance's Little Hearts should be here by then :D )

6:30~Mom wakes, showers, dresses, get coffee going.
7:00~wake children, they dress, eat, brush teeth etc.
8:00~I work with my Preparing boys, rotating box, storytime, history, Bible, and dictation if schedules. Get them started on their independent work.
9:00~work with my oldest son Josh, English and Math
Here is where it gets tricky, just depends on how long Joshua's 1-on-1 takes. Sometimes it's 30min. other days 40. So I'm going to use an hour. If we finish earlier, great, I'll move on or take a mini break.
10:00~work with Ethan using Beyond
11:00~work with Lance using Little Hearts and see if I can fit in phonics and math
12:00~lunch
1:00~Finish with my Preparing boys, usually at this time all they have left is English and spelling.
2:00~Quiet time :mrgreen: We have a two hour quiet time five days a week.
4:00~Play outside, finish any school work or find a comy spot to read.

The only two main things that I'm switching or adding is, dropping Latin and adding Little Hearts. Oh, I have to wake a half hour earlier :?
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Homeschooling6 - I like your block schedule, and I think it is going to work well. You have accounted for each child's needs, and started your day off well. :D The times seem on track too. I will be praying for you that LHFHG is the answer for Lance. I know it is busy being a mom of many, but I think you are really doing an incredible job!

In Christ,
Julie

P.S. Please share your schedule on this thread too if you get the chance. I think it will be a help to many other moms! :D
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Thank you Julie, I really do appreciate all your prayers.
I posted it on the thread you linked :)
my3sons wrote:Homeschooling6 - I like your block schedule, and I think it is going to work well. You have accounted for each child's needs, and started your day off well. :D The times seem on track too. I will be praying for you that LHFHG is the answer for Lance. I know it is busy being a mom of many, but I think you are really doing an incredible job!

In Christ,
Julie

P.S. Please share your schedule on this thread too if you get the chance. I think it will be a help to many other moms! :D
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com