What will his high school years look like?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
aspenskies

What will his high school years look like?

Post by aspenskies » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:02 am

I am wondering what my son's high school years will look like. We will be using CtC w/extension for 8th grade (starting next week or the following ~ knowing my son, next week :D ). Will I just remain using the programs in order, using the extensions? The high school years are what I have been worrying about most as a homeschool mama. I also do not want to miss any more programs, I look at all the wonderful younger programs and wish we could have used those. We are year-round homeschoolers, so I am trying to picture if we could do 5 programs during the high school years. I have even debated about having 5 years of high school. He does plan on going to college, the degree varies and has changed through his years. He plans to go to online college. He likes that he would be able to arrange his studies around times that would be good for him. Part of me asks whether it is an issue if he starts college at 17, 18, 19, 20, ... and part me says it does matter.
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

Tidbits of Learning

Re: What will his high school years look like?

Post by Tidbits of Learning » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 am

There are a lot of people using some of the middles school guides for high school. If you were to do this, you would need to check your state requirements for graduation. I wouldn't stress it right now. I would take it one year at a time.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5400
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8208&p=59715
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10529&p=76657&hilit ... dit#p76657
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6571
2020-2021
dd20, dd19 Grown and Flown :D
ds18-12th grade at hybrid school
ds14-8th grade MTMM President's Study and Science