I Love this Board

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
holdinon

I Love this Board

Post by holdinon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm

I do not get to get on here much. I think the last time was around the beginning of the school year. But each time I do pop back in, I am so encouraged by the wise counsel here. I had a little extra time today and just spent over an hour just going through the first few pages of threads. I didn't even have a question, or really any "need" to read about the topics asked. But it is just such a blessing to read over what other people have to say, and either sit here and nod in agreement with the been-there-done-that topics, or thoughtfully filing away the tidbits on topics that are yet-to-apply to me ('cause I never say never :lol: ) for some point in the future :wink: .

I see many "old" HODers, and newbies too. It is nice to see that regardless of how long I stay away from the boards, when I return, it is just as much a haven as it was when I last visited.

Thank you to Carrie and Julie, and everyone else who takes part in making this a truly Christ honoring place to hang out.

Angie
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

Heart_Mom

Re: I Love this Board

Post by Heart_Mom » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm

I agree, Angie! I love how the ladies here are so positive and encouraging! :D
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Angie,

I am so glad to hear this! :D We deeply love this board too, which is why we pour our hearts and souls into it! We see it as an opportunity to minister to other families as we work to encourage and equip them to answer God's call on their lives to homeschool. :D In the process, God uses the wonderful women on this board to encourage and uplift my own family (and one another) too! :D What a blessing! :D

We pray for this board to be different from those that are already available to the homeschool community. :D Our desire is for this board to glorify our Father in Heaven, to share accurate information about HOD and our guides, and to provide encouragement and Godly counsel to those who are seeking to use HOD in their own homes. :D

I am continually amazed at the wise, Christ-centered counsel given by the ladies on this board. :D The Lord has seen fit to bless this board with members who strive to live for Him and who continually show that their joy is not in their circumstances but in the Lord's presence within them. :D This is why we can be encouraging in all things.

Your post encouraged me beyond measure today! :D Thank you for taking time to share. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:00 pm

I love this board too! I noticed that when I was reading posts on a different board, I'd questions my choices and feel a sense of discontentment. When I read posts on this board, I feel uplifted and encouraged. I can truly see the Lord working through this board! :D
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

sillybeans

Post by sillybeans » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:49 pm

I've been thinking the same thing...this board seems so different than others I'm on. I'm new here and already love it!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

I agree - I love this board too! :D I come here and feel like my cup is filled. I take the lead from other Christian moms here and look for the good in my homeschooling days. This board helps me focus on celebrating our homeschooling, noticing the gains that have been made, and leaning on the Lord's leading knowing I need Him. It helps me see the God-given purpose of homeschooling in my life. It helps me know that what I am doing is important, worthy, and God honoring. In a world where being a mom - and certainly a homeschool mom - is not the most celebrated thing anymore, this board helps me remember it is a noble endeavor worth pouring my heart and soul into. And, it gives me like-minded ladies to share the journey with. I imagine the Lord calling each one of us here, planning to encourage us, to enrich our lives, and to keep us striving to bring HIm glory. Yes, this board is definitely a rare and much appreciated blessing in my life. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:12 pm

my3sons wrote:I imagine the Lord calling each one of us here, planning to encourage us, to enrich our lives, and to keep us striving to bring HIm glory.
Love this thought!
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:25 pm

I agree and can't say it any better than some of the ladies have already done!!!!! :D :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

aspenskies

Post by aspenskies » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I must agree! I stumbled upon HOD this weekend and was so drawn to the curriculum. I joined the board and felt welcomed with open arms. Everyone here has been very helpful, not only to me, I enjoyed reading other posts. I emailed Carrie and Mike this morning and was greeted with some more help and friendliness. I feel so blessed that I was led to HOD. My box was sent this afternoon, scheduled box day is Thursday :D , and I am so very looking forward to this new journey with HOD. Thank you Carrie, Mike, all you HOD mamas (and papas)!
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm

You're welcome! :D All of us are glad to help however we can. We look forward to sharing the HOD journey with you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie