My books are coming!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Laura O.

My books are coming!!

Post by Laura O. » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:40 am

I did it :D :D I placed my HOD order and my books are on their way :D I couldn't be more excited :lol: :lol: And neither could my dc. Unfortunately, since we live in Japan, it will take a little longer for our package to arrive. We don't have an English library handy or anything, so we ordered ALL the books for CTC, Bigger and LHFHG :shock: :lol: I am so glad that HOD worked with me to get the best shipping rate and gives a discount. Really makes a big difference.

I'm going to be really honest here....I've been homeschooling for about 6 years. And while I never doubted it was what we should be doing, I never was able to get excited about it or even "enjoy" it. But thanks to HOD, for the first time I am excited and feel like we can learn together and have fun. :D :D I truly believe that God led me to HOD just when I needed it.

Now I just have to wait for my packages to come.... :lol:
Laura~in Japan
4dc:
Leah ~CtC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM and now WG
Rhys ~ BHFHG, PHFHG, ,CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev
Levi ~ LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG and now CTC
Emma LHTH, LHFHG and now BLHFHG
dh~together for 19 years :)

John'smom

Re: My books are coming!!

Post by John'smom » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 am

Rejoicing with you!!! You will definitely have fun and learn at the same time with HOD!!! Let us know when you get your books. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 am

And to think sometimes I get inpatient waiting the 2 days that priority mail takes... :)

I hope your books get to you soon! :D

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Yay! I am so happy that you are excited. You are going to have a lot of fun learning along with your dc now, at least I sure do! Let us know when you get all your goodies. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you will love HOD!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

homeschoolmumNZ

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:23 pm

How exciting! I too have just made an order for my youngest daughter and also for DITHOR to use with all my older children.We are in New Zealand so have to wait for the books also.I can't wait! We will not begin this until Februray ,our new school year but it will allow me to prepare over the summer holidays.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:28 pm

HOORAY - I'm glad your order is on its way! :D I'm excited you're excited. :D HOD does that for me too, and I honestly need it at this stage of the game. I have taught a total of 15 years now (7 in ps and 8 in hs), and I need HOD to keep ME motivated. :wink: I hope you have a wonderful year with HOD, and may your things arrive as quickly as possible! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Laura O.

Post by Laura O. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks so much for rejoicing with me :D :D I'm equally as excited to have found the HOD message board full of ladies going through the same things I am. Two weeks for shipping never seemed so long!! :? :lol: :lol: Even my DD keeps saying she can't wait for the new school books to come :lol: I'm trying to read others schedules and especially tips on what to do with my 2 yr old while I'm waiting for our books :D
Laura~in Japan
4dc:
Leah ~CtC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM and now WG
Rhys ~ BHFHG, PHFHG, ,CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev
Levi ~ LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG and now CTC
Emma LHTH, LHFHG and now BLHFHG
dh~together for 19 years :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Laura,

I am so excited for you to receive your books too! We pray you will have a wonderful year with HOD. We look forward to sharing the journey with you. :D

You are so wise to spend your time right now planning for your 2 year old. A 2 year old can derail the best laid plans, if there is no schedule for him/her! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

beverett

Post by beverett » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 pm

YaYyyyyyy!!! HOw exciting!!! You will have to post when your box arrives! :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger