Cheerful Cursive

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
NicoleJ

Cheerful Cursive

Post by NicoleJ » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Hello,
I haven't done any cursive with my DD yet and we are going in to Preparing next year. Does anyone have a sample of the Cheerful Cursive book? I can't find a sample of it anywhere online. Thanks!

holyhart

Re: Cheerful Cursive

Post by holyhart » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:02 am

Here is a previous post with a sample.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4180&p=30768#p30768
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:18 am

I just thought that I would also add that I originally started with ARFH-C since it had been given to me and I thought why not save a few bucks? It was going okay, but my dd had begun to dread cursive. She had started out loving the idea of cursive, but the book quickly drained that out of her, even with me shortening up the lessons quite a bit.

I saw Cheerful Cursive when HOD came to the MassHope confrence and bought it. We LOVE it! The lessons are short and fun. Each letter has a discription of what is happening to form the letter along with the "cheerful" letter helpers (ski, loopy, surfer sam, etc.). One thing that I am super impressed with vs. the previous program we were using is that it teaches the child to read cursive, not just write cursive. The child will have a cursive word and have to write it in manuscript, or have a manuscript word and have to write it into cursive. Things like that. My dd no longer dreads cursive, rather she now does it cheerfully! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 am

holyhart wrote:We LOVE it! The lessons are short and fun. Each letter has a discription of what is happening to form the letter along with the "cheerful" letter helpers (ski, loopy, surfer sam, etc.). One thing that I am super impressed with vs. the previous program we were using is that it teaches the child to read cursive, not just write cursive. The child will have a cursive word and have to write it in manuscript, or have a manuscript word and have to write it into cursive. Things like that. My dd no longer dreads cursive, rather she now does it cheerfully! :D
I agree with Kelly! I wish we would have started with Cheerful Cursive with my first child. My daughter did Cheerful Cursive last year and it's a great program! They give just enough practice to get it in their heads, but it's not overkill so that they dread it. :D
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

NicoleJ

Post by NicoleJ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 am

Thankyou, that is helpful :) Cheerful cursive does look good. :)

Larica

Post by Larica » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 pm

There is a two page sample on the Rainbow Resource website (I hope it's okay to share that). Keep clicking on "more views" and you'll get there.

Blessings,
Erica
Erica
mom to 5, ages 7 to 15
Enjoyed LHTH to WH so far!

NicoleJ

Post by NicoleJ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:10 am

Thankyou - I did go and have a look, and it was very helpful. I like the look of Cheerful Cursive!