Re-introduction

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyagain

Re-introduction

Post by mommyagain » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi! Just thought I would pop in and re-introduce myself. I've posted a couple times here and there but now I'm actually getting ready to USE HOD! I'll be using LHFHG with my 7yo ds and my 8yo dd. They both have issues that affect their learning. My son has ADHD and mild autism and my daughter has some auditory processing issues and some speech delay. I think Little Hearts will be confidence building for them. Since they are a bit older, I'll probably add to the science and I'll add some read-alouds from the list in the back.

I'm looking forward to a long journey with HOD! I am chomping at the bit to get to those older guides! :D And any tips on using HOD with kids with special needs would be greatly appreciated!
Cheryl, wife to hubby for 26 yrs
Mommy to:
Mollie 8
Aaron 7
Brendan 3
Tyler 2

mamayi

Re: Re-introduction

Post by mamayi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Welcome to HOD! We're going through Little Hearts this year also!
I know you will love the program. There are so many hands on things for the children to do.
Praying that you get off to a great start!
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome to HOD and the boards! :) It's great to have you here!!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 am

Welcome to HOD! Great to meet you!
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 am

Welcome to HOD. I am in a similar situation but the Lord has equipped me for this journey by having older dds 17 & 19 that I have hs-or practiced with IYKWIM LOL. I can see that it is a wonderful fit and do-able. I have found the hs community to be helpful too! The Lord will equip you too! Tammy

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Welcome. :D LHFHG actually has a lot to it and especially if you are needing some time for speech and learning delays. There is a whole appendix of more to the program. You can use this to stretch it out while you focus on the primary skill where they might need help. I have one with learning delays to special needs. If I was sitting where you are and wanted more because they are a bit older I would consider that option. :D You'll love LHFHG!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

mommyagain

Post by mommyagain » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies!
Water2wine - I think I will start LHFHG as written and only add to it if I see the need. I will definitely be getting some of the books from the booklist in the appendix! Btw, my dc came to us by adoption also! All 6 of them! (2 are grown and out on their own)

God bless you all! I love the atmosphere on this board! :D
Cheryl, wife to hubby for 26 yrs
Mommy to:
Mollie 8
Aaron 7
Brendan 3
Tyler 2

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Welcome to HOD!!!! :D
Christina