I like LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lisaha1

I like LHFHG

Post by lisaha1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:26 pm

So we have only done a day here and there-maybe two days a week during our summer break, but all of the children gather around and we read the books and do projects together and they all love it! :) It's funny to see them all break out into song "walk walking to asia" on our way to the library! LOL! James may not be able to hop or skip, but he does get up and do his own version of it! :) Even my 10 year old doesn't want to miss out on the books we read-even though it's technically for James, my 6 year old! :)
I haven't gotten anything for Abigail and Joshua (10 and 8) yet. WE haven't offically started school, just doing some LHFHG for fun! LOL! :D It may sound silly, and I'm sorry, but I do get overwhelmed when I think of running to or more guides. Part of me is thinking about doing LHFHG and everyone will listen in bc they all love to, but then just adding "Story of the World" (we already own it but haven't read it) and an apologia science book for the older two so they can get a bit more for thier age. But I do go back and look at Preparing for them too. I have always liked teaching all together. But I LOVE that the Lord Jesus is in every aspect of the day in HOD! Character training, science, social, all of it is drenched in following Jesus and that is so awesome! The scripture memorizing ideas are working for James, for the first time he memorized the whole thing! I even heard him tell my four year old "you care choosing to do evil!" LOL! IT was a topic that started with HOD and we kept talking, and later that day I heard him telling his brother that when he was being naughty! ;) So I am very impressed with how the Lord Jesus is in everything in HOD!
Lisa
Abigail 10
Joshua 8
James 6
Toby 4
Levi 2
Emma Grace 8 months :shock: almost 9 months!

KristinBeth

Re: I like LHFHG

Post by KristinBeth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

What wonderful news that your children are enjoying LHFHG! Once you get into the swing of things and develop a routine you'll feel more confident in starting another guide for your olders. Glad to hear you're having fun! :D
Kristin

holyhart

Re: I like LHFHG

Post by holyhart » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Glad you guys are having such a good time! :D Doing multiple guides isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. You can do it and still have a day left!

When Julie and Carrie get back, they are really really good at helping you figure out how to best and most successfully combine your kiddos if you want to do fewer guides. I'm sure that you could probably get away doing 2 guides, one with extensions.
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10