OT: Bob Books collections $9.99 @ Costco

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Hillcrest Academy

OT: Bob Books collections $9.99 @ Costco

Post by Hillcrest Academy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:36 am

I hope this is appropriate to post here. Just thought I would mention for those planning next year's LA curriculum that the Bob Books Collections are available at Costco for $9.99 per collection.

You can see the info here.

"The Costco Special Edition Collection is again available starting March 13, for a limited time.
Sales and information available only at Costco stores.
Bob Books, in partnership with Costco and Scholastic, is pleased to offer our customers a special edition, limited time offer of Bob Books Collections 1, 2 and 3.

The Collections series features the original stories and illustrations from Bob Books Sets 1-5, repackaged in a beautiful, oversized, 8 x 8 inch format.
Collection 1 has 18 books, including all the
stories from Set 1, and some of Set 2
Collection 2 has 16 books, including stories
from some of Set 2, and all of Set 3.
Collection 3 has 16 books, and includes all
the stories from Sets 4 and 5."

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:01 pm

I do love the Bob books for those kiddos who are just starting to read! We're doing Set A right now in addition to our phonics at our house. My little guy's eyes light up when he gets to read a new Bob book. He thinks they're so funny. :lol:

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
Carrie

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Thank you so much for posting this here. I have the first two sets of Bob books and was considering getting the last 3 in the regular size. When I saw your post, I ask my friend who has a Costco membership if she would get them for me and she did today. They are fantastic! She also decided to get some for her girls as well. It is such a great buy for the sets and the bigger size is really fun! Thanks :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Hillcrest Academy

Post by Hillcrest Academy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm

I actually only got the first 3 sets because they didn't have the last two sets. I really hope I can find them somewhere!

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Actually that is all of the books. The original, small book sets have five sets. The first and second set have 12 books each, the third set has 8 books plus activity books, and the fourth and fifth set have 8 books. What they've done in the Costco sets are combine the five sets into 3. So the big Costco set has 18 books in the first set and 16 books each in the 2nd and 3rd sets. So the 3 Costco sets are equivalent to the original 5 sets of Bob books. So if you got the 3 sets at Costco, you've got the entire Bob books :)
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Hillcrest Academy

Post by Hillcrest Academy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Wow! That makes it even more of a bargain ;) And I really do like the size of the Costco books. Perfect for little hands.

Thank you so much for letting me know. I probably would have made a trip to Costco again just to see if I could find them.

slavila

Post by slavila » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I sent my mom to get them for me the other day! We just moved and no longer live near a Costco! :(
Sarah, Mom of 4.....
ds 6 -
ds 4
dd 2
dd 6 months