Is a book ever duplicated?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TammyTE

Is a book ever duplicated?

Post by TammyTE » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm

**nevermind I got my answer!**

Is a book ever used more than one place in HOD?

ie., Used in DITHOR and as a story time book in a lower level.
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five

twoxcell

Re: Is a book ever duplicated?

Post by twoxcell » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes there are a few books recommended for storytime that are also recomended for DITHR, and extensions. There are 5-6 suggestions for each storytime genre, so you can easily choose a different book if you are going to use DITHR along with the book packs.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

momtofive

Re: Is a book ever duplicated?

Post by momtofive » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Pedro's Journal is used within the Bigger Heart's extension pack and then again in Preparing's Independent History Study Box. And Ben and Me is used in the Classic Set of read alouds for Bigger, and is also in the extension pack for Bigger. These are two that I've noticed because I now have two copies of each of these!!! :roll: I wish I had seen that sooner. Oh well, the prices are pretty low, so it's not that big of a deal.

I'd rather have two copies of a great book, than one copy of a book we'll never enjoy! :wink: