Supplies for Bigger?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

Supplies for Bigger?

Post by spidermansmum » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 am

We are about to move house.When we move it will be further from the shops,and as I dont drive,I really want to get organised and make sure we have everything we need.Does anyone have a list of supplies?
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

jenntracy

Re: Supplies for Bigger?

Post by jenntracy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 pm

I'd like to know this too!
Anything different from the other guides?

Jenn D.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 am

I like to read through the Introduction and Appendix of each guide (with my favorite cup of coffee of course :D ), as that helps me choose which specific materials I want to use. :D I took pictures of what I chose and getting ready for BHFHG here, in case that helps...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5531

Other than that, HOD's plans use common things and offer substitutions. Here is a link in regard to BHFHG's supplies...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4257

Have fun getting ready for your year with BHFHG!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:29 am

Very helpful Julie. i am visual and the picts help.
i am wondering if there was any kind of special art materials? any kind of paint or clay, etc. We usually have most of the stuff.
Thanks
JEnn D.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:22 am

Happy 4th of July, Jenn! :D In general, I keep on hand lots of copy paper (we like white cardstock for notebooking, but white copy paper for tracing, folding, etc.), some colored construction paper (large and small), scissors, a ruler, some small index cards, some washable paint and a few paintbrushes, clear tape, masking tape, markers, glitter, liquid glue, glue stick, crayons, colored pencils (if possible), play dough or modeling clay, some yarn, paper punch, pencils, a black Sharpie, stapler - your basic art stuff. We used a 3 ring binder with clear plastic sleeves as a neat portfolio of the year. We also used cotton balls and/or Q-tips from time to time. Things like tin foil, plastic wrap, paper towels, a coffee filter, coffee or tea grounds, etc. from the kitchen are used from time to time too. One time it called for dry laundry flakes - that was the only time I didn't have what I needed on hand. Any food type items are easily substituted based on what you have on hand. That is pretty much it! We always have had the stuff on hand, other than the laundry flakes time. HOD really makes it easy on us moms that way! Have fun with all of the great hands-on stuff in Bigger Hearts, and when in doubt, you can always skim the next week before hitting the grocery store, but I haven't found that to be necessary yet, and we've done every HOD guide so far. HTH! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Thankyou Julie.It was really helpful -esp the pictures
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR