Box Day - PLUS!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Kathleen

Box Day - PLUS!!

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Our day was just as exciting as we thought it would be! :D And, here are the pictures (finally) that I've been wanting to have to write this post. I had some issues with photobucket cooperating with me today... :?

This morning...
...we got a peek at our Baby Boy! Just as perfect, miraculous, and amazing as can be! :D I'm always in awe of being able to see the little one that God is forming in the womb! (Just in case you need a little help with the picture...baby's profile on left, with his hand in front of his face. Belly and a leg to the right. :wink: ) Allison was a little heart broken that she's not getting a sister, but I am quite sure she will adore this brother just like she does the others. (I haven't seen her wanting to send Asa back... :lol: ) We were talking to her about a college-age family friend that is the only girl with EIGHT brothers! :shock: I'm not sure that was too encouraging to her - she said that she was going to quit praying for more babies before she gets that outnumbered. :lol: The rest of us are thrilled with the new little guy on the way.

And...late this afternoon...
...our BOX arrived! :D Just look at these happy faces ready to dive in to the books.

Here's the spread. (Technically only the RTR books came, but I dug out the others for the occasion. Shhh, don't tell. :wink: )

Grant will be using RTR, Allison will be picking back up in Beyond (about unit 10) and beginning DITHOR, and Garret will be beginning LHFHG.
ImageImageImage

Asa thought Box Day was just as much fun as everyone else! :D I think I need to work on a few ideas of what things would keep a 1 year old happy (and prevent them from being a little one-man-destruction team)! :wink: Asa has a lot of new interests - and all of them seem to involve climbing, ripping, and "re-organizing" things for me. :lol: He really has a happy, mellow personality though, so I don't think he'll be too hard to convince to do something positive. :wink:

Thanks for enjoying our day with me!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

krismoose

Re: Box Day - PLUS!!

Post by krismoose » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 pm

So precious!!! And congratulations!!! :D :D :D
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 am

That looks like one fantastic day!! :D

That is a precious baby God is growing to add to those other smiling faces. I'm sure he'll enjoy HOD box days just as much when his time comes for them, too! :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 am

What a perfect day-Congratulations
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:56 am

Beautiful Children! Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your box day!
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:00 am

Awww...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy you got to see your baby boy and all is well! :D Allison will just get to be the princess and I know you and she have and will have a very special relationship (I am the only girl in my family and my mom and I are very close...I pray for the same kind of closeness between my Emma and I! :D) And Asa is just adorable!

Happy Box Day! They all look so excited and ready to start! :D

Rejoicing with you,
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

mater est laetus

Post by mater est laetus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 am

Yay for another little boy! :D

You know, I was looking at the picture of the box and then all the books for 3 guides (before I read the relevant part of your post) and was thinking, "Wow, the HOD packers sure know how to pack." :lol:

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 am

Tell Allison my Elaine knows her pain. She waited 7 years for a sister, but then she got three sisters in a row!!!! Allison may have to wait a little longer, but maybe the girls are on their way. We seriously decided to find out the baby's gender with the third baby after Elaine because she had been praying so hard for a sister, and we knew she would be temporarily devastated. We didn't want her to keep hoping and praying the entire pregnancy if it was a boy. It is hard when they really want a little sister!!!!! It's a good thing babies are SO much fun either way!! ENJOY, ENJOY!!!! We are doing LHFHG and RTR next year, so we will be on a similar schedule with you.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 am

double post
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am

Your new little guy is just precious! What a wonderful first picture you have of him! :D

That is quite a spread of books there for everyone. What a fun year lies ahead! Thanks for sharing your joyful day and giving us a glimpse into your beautiful family. Their smiles made me smile. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

blessed2five

Post by blessed2five » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 am

Oh what a precious picture of the new baby. It makes me almost want another one! A friend of mine just found out she is having her 5th boy! I'm thankful I had my boy first and then four girls, however, my husband always wanted another boy.

Our box day should be tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on all those books. We already have Preparing, so tomorrow my 12 y.o dd will get all her RTR books! :)
Emily
Homeschooling mom to 5dc, wife to wonderful dh
dd 13 finished RTR onto RevtoRev in the fall
dd 10 Preparing
dd 5 ready for LHFHG
ds 16, dd 3

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:16 am

Happy Day!!

Congratulations on your sweet little man!

And your older ones look just preciously (is that a word???) excited with their school books. So fun!

I do the same thing with pulling out the "old" books to be a "new" box day too. I love your pictures! Your kids are adorable :D
Angie
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 am

What a great post, thanks Kathleen! We were all anxiously waiting to hear about your sweet little boy on his way! :D

Those pictures of your children enjoying their box day is just precious to see. Children who are being taught the love of God every day in a great wholesome curriculum! It's such a blessing to see our children getting excited about learning! Enjoy those books and blessings on the rest of your pregnancy! :D

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh what fun, Kathleen!
So neat to hear you are going to welcome another son, and neat to see the pics of your kids and their HOD goodies :D
Thank you for sharing your joyous occasion with us!

Candice :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 pm

HOORAY, Kathleen! Bring on the boys! :D :D :D Lucky Alison is a strong gal, she's going to be out-numbered. I loved all the pics of your dc with their stuff. Fun is ahead! :D Thanks for sharing!

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie