I just placed my order!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
DHT1999

I just placed my order!!!

Post by DHT1999 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

I just ordered the Creation to Christ Economy Package :D . I wasn't able to order everything else because we have had some unexpected expenses to come up. But, I was able to get the Economy Package and I am thrilled!!! I want to say THANK YOU for the new substitution policy. I was able to sub Famous Men of Rome, which I have wanted for a long time, for one of the books that I already had. I can't wait to see the Student Sheets!!

And, could ya'll please pray for us about these unexpected expenses?? My sweet husband is feeling very overwhelmed right now. He works so hard and is feeling so discouraged. We found out that our insurance company, who we have done business with for almost 20 years, is terminating our policy right here at the beginning of hurricane season and we can't find another company who will take us on without adding about $300.00 a month to our mortgage payment AND we only have six weeks to get a new policy. This is a big problem right now for alot of Gulf Coast residents. And, on top of that, both of our air conditioning units in our home are in need of repair and it is VERY HOT in south Alabama right now!!

So, we may be hot and uninsured going into hurricane season but atleast the kids will be educated :D .

Blessings,
Donna
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

Mercy

Re: I just placed my order!!!

Post by Mercy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am

Donna,

I will pray. Our Father sees your needs. ;-) In the meantime, I am so excited for you!! We will be doing ctc next year and I cant wait! I have heard the Student notebooks are beautiful. :D :D :D :D

Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:41 am

Yay!!! So excited for you! Praying for you and your family too, Donna. I can so relate to the financial crunch...we live in South AL too near the Gulf and are also facing price increase in our home owners ins. all of a sudden. Bad, bad timing. :?

On another note...it's sooo cool to see a fellow South Alabam-ian :lol: on the HOD board!!!! I know no one else locally that uses HOD and would love to be able to link up to other local HOD'ers. Feel free to pm me anytime :P
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi, Miranda! We are in Baldwin County. It's nice to meet you here.

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Mercy wrote:Donna,

I will pray. Our Father sees your needs. ;-)

Mercy
Thank you! It was a bit of an act of faith to go ahead and purchase today and I'm certainly not advocating irresponsibility but I know the Lord will provide. He is so good to us.

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:14 pm

I agree Donna, that our Father will provide. He is THE Provider of all our needs, according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Walk by faith and not by sight, and speak those things which are not as though they are! Like: "In Jesus Name, I declare that all my needs are met by my Sovereign God! I declare that I will prosper, that His Word will prosper in our lives. I thank you, Father, for providing all we need. I thank you that our insurance will not be more than we can handle, Father. I thank you that you have just the right insurance coverage for us, Father. In fact, YOU are the GREATEST insurance anyone could EVER have! I put all my trust in you, because you are good and your love toward me is never-ending, and all your plans for me are GOOD!" As we walk by faith with a pure heart before our God, laying aside all sins known and unknown at the foot of the cross daily, He is FAITHFUL to provide all that we need and desire, in accordance with His good and perfect will. Just speak His Word over this financial situation. Speak it in prayer and say it in order to renew your mind daily. His Word will NOT return VOID, but will accomplish what it is sent forth to do.

Bless you friend. I hope this encourages you. It is what our Father is teaching me, and I wanted to share it with you. Blessings and I will be praying and BELIEVING with you. Blessings!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 am

God will provide. If He called you to do it, He will take you through it. I am praying for all of you down there in the Gulf region as well as those in MO and OK. It's been a tough year.
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 am

I will be praying that the Lord will show Himself mighty and provide exceedinly, abundantly above all you could ask or think of, as well as protection during hurricane season, and peace that surpasses all understanding for your dh (and you as well).
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

tnahid wrote:I hope this encourages you. It is what our Father is teaching me, and I wanted to share it with you. Blessings and I will be praying and BELIEVING with you. Blessings!

Yes, THANK YOU, you have encouraged me greatly!!

I appreciate everyone's kind words!! I will let ya'll know how God works and provides for us. I am so thankful for other believers and the blessing of prayer. It would be neat if we had a subsection of the forum where we could go to post prayer requests.

:D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Donna,

I'm excited for you to get your books and pray the Lord will richly bless you and walk with you during this time! He IS faithful, as I am leaning on him daily too. :D

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. It blessed and encouraged my heart today. :D

Blessings,
Carrie