One more Singapore Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Busymomma1

One more Singapore Question

Post by Busymomma1 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before...I'm considering switching to Singapore. In levels 3 and 4, I see HOD doesn't sell the teacher guides. Are they not really necessary? The textbooks and workbooks are enough? Also, are answers included in the textbooks, or do we really need to get the answer keys?
Thanks so much!
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)

pjdobro

Re: One more Singapore Question

Post by pjdobro » Mon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

We're doing fine here with just the textbooks and workbooks. I did get the HIG for 3A just to see what it was like, but ended up using it very little so I didn't get the HIGs for 3B or 4A. I did decide after 3B that the answer guide is a great thing to have. Though I can do all of the problems, it is much faster to look in the answer guide when checking things. HOD sells the answer guide just look below the books and you'll see it listed. There is one answer key for 1A-3B and another for 4A-6B. I didn't have the answers until I started 4A, but it would have been helpful (faster) sooner. :D
Last edited by pjdobro on Tue May 17, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 pm

We've had the same experience as Patty. No instructor guides needed yet...and love having the answer key starting in 4A! :D (The answers are not in the textbook.)

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Same experience here. We just finished 5A, and didn't need the HIG. We too did love the Answer Key though! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie