We Finished Bigger!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

We Finished Bigger!!!!

Post by moedertje » Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 am

Today was our last day in Bigger. 8) :D
We started January 11th of 2009 and went half pace doing a unit in 2 weeks for the first part and increased to doing 1 unit in about 7 school days. Partly, because we do co-op with my df and we stay on track with her 2 kiddo's. We had begun cursive, but put it aside for a while, so we will continue to work on it during the summer.
My ds his comment upon reading my huge message on the white board! "Welcome to your last day in Bigger", was: "Yeah, now we can celebrate and start Preparing"!!!! :lol: :lol:
If all goes as planned we will start Preparing in August. :D
I asked what his favorite subject was in Bigger and without much thought he said: "Science". :D
I am so blessed we took the time to slow down at the progress that my ds made this past year, the independence he has gained and the maturity level he has come to in fine motor skills, comprehension, narration, discussions, vocabulary use, too many to name.... :D
Bigger was an amazing journey for us in learning and I look forward to what else Carrie has in store for my family as we are keeping on with HOD.
Thank you Carrie for your hard work and dedication to help so many families. Looking forward to meeting you in person at the FPEA convention this month. :D
Such joy it brings to my heart that our kiddo's learn to work diligently at something from beginning to end and enjoy the ride all the way, looking forward for the next guide! :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Kathleen

Re: We Finished Bigger!!!!

Post by Kathleen » Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 am

Yay!! :D Way to go! :D
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

HollyS

Post by HollyS » Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

How exciting! :) We're using Bigger next year and it looks so fun! We still have many weeks of Beyond left, but I'm hoping to finish by next fall.
Holly, mom to 4
DD 10 and DS 7 -- Bigger
DD 5 -- LHTH
DD 2

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Yay, how exciting! :) We are starting Bigger this fall and I'm excited! It looks soooo good! :)

Daph

Post by Daph » Fri May 13, 2011 4:14 pm

That's so awesome! :D We're starting Bigger next year, and I'm really excited!
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Fri May 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Congratulations! :D We have 2 weeks left of Bigger and it's been a wonderful journey. We'll be joining you in the fall for Preparing. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

amy

Post by amy » Sat May 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Glad to hear how much you enjoyed it. I just purchased Bigger and Preparing, and we are starting them this coming year. This will be my first experience with HOD, and I am really excited!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

HOORAY! :D Congratulations on your ds finishing Bigger Hearts, and it sounds like he flourished! What a blessing he has a mom who carefully considered his needs and chose the right guide and the right pacing to let him bloom. :D Well done!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Mon May 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Hooray!! :D :D How exciting to hear how well Bigger went for you! Now onto the next adventure (But have a great summer first)! :D
Blessings!
Jessica

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Ladies, I want to say thank you so much for enjoying this moment with my family! It is a blessing to have HOD with this board as a home-school community! Thank you again and looking forward to continuing on sharing in your journey as well :D :D
Blessings :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Woohoo!!! :D
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun May 22, 2011 5:18 pm

This brings joy to my heart too! :D I am celebrating your finish with you and praising the Lord for walking with you on your homeschool journey! Thanks so much for sharing, as it blessed my heart today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie