Its HEEERE!!! - Box day for this Ohio Family

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
KellyB

Its HEEERE!!! - Box day for this Ohio Family

Post by KellyB » Fri May 06, 2011 5:54 pm

HI all

Just a quick note so you can share my joy. Our box was on the front porch this aft, when we got home. Yeah!! :D

My dd was THRILLED and said "can we start right away? Well not tomorrow cuz its Saturday, but Monday?? :lol: I'm not sur ewe'll start that soon as I need to get my footing, but looks like we'll be starting sooner rather than later.

I do have a question, and forgive me if its written somewhere, but for DITHOR do I start with Biography or can I start anywhere? Not that Biography is bad, I'm just curious.

Thanks so much,

Kelly

Mercy

Re: Its HEEERE!!! - Box day for this Ohio Family

Post by Mercy » Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Yay for box day!! We started almost right away since it is so very much open and go! As for dithor you can start anywhere. You will love HOD!!

Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Fri May 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Congratulations! Yes as Mercy said you can do whichever genre you want first in DITHR and do the genres in any order. I'm one of the weird ones that like to match it with our storytime in Bigger :oops: , but most people seem to like to do a different one that storytime. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sat May 07, 2011 5:56 am

Congratulations on box day!!! :D It is always so fun to open the beautiful HOD books and look over them! Hard to wait to dive into them though! :lol: Poor me...since I'm doing both my guides half-speed this year, I don't get a box day this year! :(

I'm sure you and your family will be so blessed by HOD!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Hooray! I'm so glad that your box has arrived! :D We pray that your family may be richly blessed on your homeschool journey. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 am

Hip! Hip! Hooray! :D Have fun going through all of those awesome books and the lovely HOD guide! :D It is going to be tough to wait to start... thanks for letting us share in your joy! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie