Cute Idea to recycle milk jugs...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
housefullofboys

Cute Idea to recycle milk jugs...

Post by housefullofboys » Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 am

If you family is anything like mine, we go through lots of milk jugs. I found this cute idea in a craft book to use them up!

Bird feeders, Cut off the bottom portion of the jug just below the handle, straight all the way around. Punch 4 holes, one on each corner, and tie heavy duty strings evenly to hang. Spread 1 inch of peanut butter in the bottom and top off with bird seed, pushing into the PB. Hang up and enjoy! We will be decorating ours with a little paint for fun. We will also take some pictures of the birds to ID them for a little fun extra science lesson!

The top portions work great as scoops or watering cans for the kids this summer. Just make sure to keep the lids. You can turn them into bath toys, poke some holes in the lids and it becomes a little showering cup!

Can't wait to make these today. My Boys are excited!
:D
Wife of 9 years, mom to 3 wiggly worms
Starting our first year with HOD in August 2011:
Garrett - 2nd grade - Bigger, Emerging Reader, some spanish.
Colton - Kindergarten - Little Hearts
Nolan - Preschool - Little Hands 3/4 yr old set

holyhart

Re: Cute Idea to recycle milk jugs...

Post by holyhart » Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 am

That would be a really fun activity to go along with John Audobon! Thanks for sharing! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10