Forgive me and maybe see you later!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sharonb

Forgive me and maybe see you later!

Post by sharonb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 pm

To all the wonderful ladies on this board,
Please forgive me for asking for placement help and using your precious time. It looks like yet again we won't be using HOD afterall. I had a chat with the principal (dh!) and he really wants us to use programs that allow us to keep all of our children together for content subjects. He wants to wait until middle school to start having them work more independently in those areas. My oldest is in 3rd grade right now, so that'll be a while! HOD is still a possibility for the future; we could put each child in Preparing or CTC with extentions for their 6th grade year and go from there. But there I go working on placement again, and I don't need to at this time! I should have talked to dh about this a long time ago. I am at peace with this decision and know that submitting to him in this area was definitely the right thing to do. My children will still get a solid, God-honoring education; I'll just need to do a bit more planning than I would have with HOD!

Anyway, maybe "see" you in a couple of years when it's time to think about middle school!

my3sons

Re: Forgive me and maybe see you later!

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:48 am

Honoring your dh is important, and I do believe the Lord blesses that. I'll just take the opportunity to agree that I know of no other board where you could receive the help provided here and not have a rash of responses trying to convince you to do otherwise with a post like this. :wink: While this is the HOD board, and our desire is for you to enjoy using HOD in your home - we also know that to answer questions about HOD is the reason for this board's existence. So, we were glad to answer your questions! Since this is first and foremost a Christian board, as you submit to your dh, I wish you well. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie