HOD IS COMING TO FLORIDA!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
acts29stl

HOD IS COMING TO FLORIDA!!!!

Post by acts29stl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 pm

What can I say??? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I've never had a good enough reason to go to covention but now that has all changed! I'm sooooooooooo excited :D :lol: :D :lol: :D My best friend will be thrilled as well, both because HOD is coming and I'll finally go! Hopefully she won't be jealous that I'll go for HOD but not her :lol:

Can't wait to meet you Carrie and Julie!!!
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

jenntracy

Re: HOD IS COMING TO FLORIDA!!!!

Post by jenntracy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 am

Yeah for Florida !but boo it will still be too far away for me 4 or 4 1/2 hrs and Orlando area is so busy i dislike driving there.
4 hrs and a newborn . won't make it this year. Maybe you could go to somewhere closer to Tallahassee next year....
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 am

I AM BOOKING MY ROOM TODAY! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

See you in May Carrie and Julie!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 am

I AM ABSOLUTELY, SERIOUSLY, TOTALLY ECSTATIC! :D :D :P :D :D Thank you so much for coming to Florida. I have been praying for you ladies to consider it, without harassing you too much. I actually had the end date to sign up in my phone to remind me. :lol: :lol: HOD coming to FPEA convention gets me more excited to go this year, as I usually do not need to go for the sake of "looking" for curriculum and researching what I need. That all gets done by YOU Carrie!!!!
Thanks again and looking forward to meeting both of you Carrie and Julie :!: :!: :!:
And no Acts29, no jealousy here... Just excited for you :D :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

angela&4boys

Post by angela&4boys » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:50 am

Whoo-hoo! [kartwheel] [kartwheel] :D
~Angela~
wife to Greg
Mama to Alex, Aaron, Ben, & Noah
2012-13 Rev to Rev

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 am

And to PA, as well! It is a drive for me, but I think I will do it!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

That is SO awesome...we may just have to drive a few hours north to meet everyone!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 pm

We are very excited to be coming to Florida this year too! :D We are looking forward to meeting as many of you as are able to visit with us at convention. We will have a sample of the new guide with us as well as the new books that go along with it. :D

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! It blesses our hearts. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

MistyP

Post by MistyP » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Since we left FL..... :cry: Boo Hoo...... The Orlando Convention is great!! Enjoy! I will have to wait for you to come back to Kansas City or St. Louis again I guess!
Misty
Mommy to 6!

mom24boys

Post by mom24boys » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Yay! That's so great! We went to the FPEA convention last year but I wasn't so sure I would need to go again (since I found HOD and don't plan on changing). Now, I definitely have to go back...to meet you. Looking forward to seeing you! Yay! :mrgreen:
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Enjoy ladies!! :D Carrie & Julie are just as wonderful in real life! :D

Now, where am I going to have to travel to see you again, my dear friends....? :wink:
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

dsbpark

Post by dsbpark » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I decided to check the conference schedule and saw that HOD is coming to Memphis! I squealed and when my 10 yo asked why and I told her she said, "Mom, you are acting like a silly teenager about one of those rock stars!" This is our 23rd year of homeschooling and HOD is the best all around curriculum I have found and I love HS curriculum. I can't wait to meet you, Carrie. See you in a couple of months!

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 am

Wow!!!!! I'm so excited. We live in Florida and missed the convention last year, so I definitely plan on going this year. I'm so excited you will be there!!!!
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 pm

We are very excited about our convention schedule this year too! It includes quite a few new areas for us, and we look forward to meeting any of you who are able to join us somewhere along the way. :D If we're not coming to a convention near you, we wish we were! However, somehow we need to write a new guide this year and homeschool our own 4 boys too, so.... maybe next year. :D

Whenever we meet any of the ladies from the board, it is as if we're meeting old friends. We are so blessed to know each of you ladies both through your words and through those of you we're privileged to meet in person! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Carrie,

I was wondering if you would be speaking at the FPEA convention? I know you have wonderful insights, others would be truley blessed. See you in Orlando!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH