A Thanksgiving note

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
deltagal

A Thanksgiving note

Post by deltagal » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 am

I simply wanted to log on and thank Carrie for her continued hard work. I continue to be delighted by the good work my children are doing using the HOD guides. I'm reminded that when I came to HOD I had a lot of needs that the HOD guides seemed to be able to meet better than I could coming up with my own plan. And that is still the case, even though we may not be where I hoped we would be at this point in our guides, we are still miles beyond where we otherwise would have been. So, Carrie keep up the good work. God has blessed you with a vision and I'm grateful to you and your family for all they do to help make it happen. Happy Thanksgiving!
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

striving2Bprov31

Re: A Thanksgiving note

Post by striving2Bprov31 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:51 am

I will say "yea and amen" to that!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :)

Liz

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 am

I agree! HOD has been such a blessing in our home. Not only is my DS learning and making progress on the 3 R's, he knows the Bible better than I did at that age. His sunday school & AWANA teachers are always telling me how amazed they are that he always knows the story even if know one else in the class does. They said he is always the one to answer their questions. Thank you Carrie for writing guides that give my DS a hunger and excitement for the word of God!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 am

100% agreed! Happy Thanksgiving!
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am

Agreed! May we each see and rejoice over the many blessings and gifts the Father has graciously given us. May His Word and love dwell in you all richly! So thankful for all the women here who have encouraged my heart and through whom the Lord has given me wisdom and insight for our homeschool journey.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

ktwensel

Post by ktwensel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Even though I am brand new to HOD, I must agree with these ladies. THANK YOU, Carrie!

We love it so far. It is just what I have been looking for. I am so excited that many of the resources you are incorporating into the curriculum are ones that I wanted to "add in" to everything else I have used. You have eliminated much of my anxiety and frustration. My dh thanks you as well. :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving - I am truly thankful for you hard work and dedication. :D
Karen
-----------------------
dd (10)
ds (8)

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 pm

I agree! Thank you so much Carrie and all of your family. You make my life much, much easier and enrich the lives of my family. You are at the top of my thankful list. Happy Thanksgiving! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I also am thankful to Carrie, Julie, and HoD. I was recovering from the flu just this past Monday and my son was able to pick up his guide and do most of his schoolwork on his own! He has grown so much in independent work this year. Another thing I have noticed is how much he is in his Bible every day, between reading, copywork, highlighting, Bible study, and science projects! I know this will bear long-lasting fruit.

Great work you guys!
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I also wanted to say thank you as well.

Carrie, I so appreciate you yielding to the Lord and using your talents to be a blessing to others. I can really tell that you have put a lot of thought and prayer into the guides. If someone has a question, you always have a reasoning behind what you've done and it just makes so much sense. I know you've sacrificed a lot of time, maybe even sleep to do what you have done. Please know it's been a blessing to so many and I'm sure you will be rewarded in eternity. My dh just said to me this week, "You're doing such a good job homeschooling this year." I don't know about that, but I can tell you I'm not nearly as stressed and my dc didn't even want to take off this week of a break for Thanksgiving. :lol:

Julie, I so appreciate the time you up in here at the board answering questions and being an encouragment. You truly do have a lot of wisdom to share and you sacrifice your time to be a blessing to others. You too will be rewarded in eternity for your ministry to all of us. I read things that you write that may not even apply to the guide I'm using. I know it helps me learn for the future.

Counting you among my blessings today on this Thanksgiving Day. :)
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Malenksha

Post by Malenksha » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I so agree!

My husband asked each of the boys what he was thankful for today and after the usual answer of "apple pie!" my eldest announced it was "homeschool". This is the first year he has ever been truly challenged and happy in his schooling.

So I also am especially thankful for Heart of Dakota this year! May the Lord bless you and your family on this holiday weekend.

- Bronwyn
DS 10 - Preparing Hearts
DS 6.5 - Little Hearts

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Ladies,

Thank you from the bottom of my family's heart for your Thanksgiving thoughts and for uplifting our family in prayer. :D We feel so blessed to share our homeschool journey with each of you, and we know the Lord walks with us daily as we all strive for His will. :D

You have no idea how much posts such as these encourage us as we write! They spur us on as we work to design each guide in a way we pray will be pleasing to the Lord. :D Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Our hearts are full tonight because of you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 pm

I am just seeing this now, but had to chime in and say that I agree 100%. I am thankful for HOD every day. I can say with certainty that it has changed our whole homeschool this year and taken us from really struggling each day to enjoying the days together. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Carrie!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.