What's your child's favorite...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

Re: What's your child's favorite...

Post by moedertje » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

What a great idea Julie...

Ds in Bigger said Science
Ds in LHFHG said Math and Reddy Fox
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:10 pm

C in Bigger said Story time and the ERs (which is huge because she hated reading until just a couple months ago)

D in LHTH likes anything where he gets to write-so the art pages they do each week, count on me, hide and seek, the number page

It's very fun to look at what everyone likes. Such a variety!
Last edited by Mommamo on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

annaz

Post by annaz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 pm

DD says, "Draw and Write Through History and the other History Projects.

She also likes One Small Square books. :)
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm

My oldest son, whose currently piloting much of our geography year in very rough form, said his favorites are his literature study and his geography mapping. :D My next son, who is in RTR, said his "current" favorites are DITHR (as he loves the book he's reading now) and his history projects. But, he reserved the right to change his favorites from week to week! :D My third little guy, who is just finishing up Beyond, said his favorites are the storytime, the history stories, and SCIENCE (which he exclaimed)! :wink: My youngest little one, whose doing LHTH, said his favorites were Bible stories, music (because he gets to march around), and painting (as we just painted today). :D

What a fun thread! :D
Carrie

frankesense

Post by frankesense » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Ds - age 8; Cheerful Cursive and Storytime and the Activities, especially the science ones

Dd - age 6; Copywork and Storytime and Reading

I homeschool my nephew as well. He said - Cheerful Cursive and Storytime and the Activities
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:16 pm

We haven't done DITHOR in a while due to me being super pregnant and then having a baby. Today I pulled it out and my oldest son was so excited! He said, "Are we doing DITHOR again? It;s my favorite!" :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)