Singapore Math 2nd grade.....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
frankesense

Re: Singapore Math 2nd grade.....

Post by frankesense » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Carrie wrote:
Much of what was shared about the Singapore way refers to the books coming in the higher levels. As long as you're teaching the lessons in the HOD guides and doing the assigned workbook pages, you're doing just fine. Your children will naturally come up through Singapore and will be getting it that way. The levels from 3A on up is where you more clearly see the difference in the mental math and problem-solving and the previous levels 1A/1B and 2A/2B do much to gently set up the natural progression into that way of thinking. It becomes most obvious in 4A on up, so don't worry right now. :D It sounds like things are going great! :D

Carrie,
thank you for your response. I wasn't feeling very confident in teaching Singapore knowing that it was different than how I had learned. But I had thought things were going quite well so far until I read through this thread and realized that I didn't understand what some of the ladies were talking about. Then I thought, "Whoa! Oh no! What am I doing?!" Thanks for your clarification and encouragement!

Stephanie
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography