RTR!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamas4loves

RTR!!!

Post by mamas4loves » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:50 am

Carrie and all,

We got our eagerly anticipated package this morning!!

Oh My---words cannot describe how nice the student pages are. Just beautiful. The guide is lovely as well. My dd and I paged through it ooing and aahing over each picture. We are looking forward to beginning!

Thank-you, Thank-you for all your time you put into writing it and getting it ready for so many families to use. I hope you are able to celebrate and take a vacation!!

In Christ,
Jess
Jess
happy wife to DH of 14 yrs and mama to DD12, DD9, DS6, DD4
DD12--Rev2Rev
DD9--Preparing
DS6--The Reading Lesson!
DD4--LHTH
http://www.reflectionsfromyheart.blogspot.com

momtofive

Re: RTR!!!

Post by momtofive » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 am

How exciting!!! :D Happy Box Day!

We're very excited and happy for you as you begin this brand new program! Please be sure to update everyone here on how things go once you begin. We're all very anxious to hear more about this great guide. We won't be using it until next year, but look forward to hearing about it as it unfolds in your home!

Blessings on your new school year!!! :D

In Christ,

Lisa

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am

Woo-Hoo! My email-UPS link says mine is coming tomorrow. It says it's in the nearby town... an hour away.. (road trip? LOL!!!)
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

sycamoretree

Post by sycamoretree » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 am

Very Exciting!
WE are anxiously awaiting the UPS guy!
Crystal
Helpmeet to Craig
Mom to
DD 12.5 yrs using RTR (used CTC last yr)
DD 3.5 yrs. using LHTH

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Happy Box Day!!! Yay!!! I know you will enjoy it! :D
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

3boysandagirl

Post by 3boysandagirl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:56 pm

I didn't get an e-mail, was I supposed to???? I am anxiously waiting either way, just wondering kwim!
Christi

Married to High School sweetheart for 16 years
Mom to four blessings
Fall (2011/2012)
DS 16- PS
DS 14- RevtoRev w/extensions
DS 8- PS
DD 6- PS
http://reedpartyof6.blogspot.com/

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm

3boysandagirl I called today because I didn't get an email either and Mike said that boxes that went out Priority mail wouldn't get an email but UPS ones did. Something about his new system? Anyway, my package is on it's way and should be here Friday or Saturday!!! :mrgreen:

I am sure your box is on it's way!!

On a silly sidenote, I had requested some catalogs to handout at our homeschool groups first meeting and a priority box was sitting on the porch when we came home today. DD jumped out of the truck and ran for her books!!! The catalogs never entered my mind and boy were we let down when we opened that box!! :roll:
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

3boysandagirl

Post by 3boysandagirl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm

OK good, I was worried. I'm so anxious to get these books in my hot little hands that I was feeling so left out of the email loop. I'll just hound my postman. I would have felt so let down if it was a box of catalogs, even if I had asked for them. I want my RTR!! :oops: :lol: :D
Christi

Married to High School sweetheart for 16 years
Mom to four blessings
Fall (2011/2012)
DS 16- PS
DS 14- RevtoRev w/extensions
DS 8- PS
DD 6- PS
http://reedpartyof6.blogspot.com/

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 pm

All this chatter makes me want to go ahead and order RTR...and we JUST STARTED CTC. LOL

Enojoy Ladies! I will be so excited to hear about your journies this year!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:20 am

We got our box today, via the post office, and everything is just beautiful. We didn't do CTC, so I'm just awestruck by the quality of the student pages.

I do have one BIG complaint, though. How am I going to learn all the great stuff in RTR when its most done independently? ;) As I was looking through the Shakespeare pages, I realized that I would need to spend this year doing my own personal study of Shakespeare just for fun. :D

Thanks so much, Carrie and family!!!
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 am

Our box just came and we are so awe-struck with the quality and the beauty of the RTR notebooking pages. We just kept saying "Wow" over and over!

What fantastic job you have done!!!!

We are so excited to start our year!!!!

Thank you for all the love, attention and hard work that went into creating this year!!!
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

rainbowacreshs

Post by rainbowacreshs » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm still waiting...!!! We have everything else.. ordered back around tax time..Just waiting on the Guide, and the notebooking pages..

*Sitting not so patiently by the mailbox* :twisted: :lol: :D
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Would it be sad if I ordered RTR in advance for next year? LOL
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 am

I received my guide and student pages last night right before company came and we had a great time looking it over together. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

And Carrie's letter explaining their situation with getting RTR finished and out - WOW! I so appreciate her family's perseverence. I pray God is providing rest for them now!
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Ladies,

HOORAY! I'm so glad that you have your guides and Student Notebooks in hand! :D It is amazing how the Lord provided for our family to allow us to complete the guide and to work through the Student Notebook too! I'm so glad that you love the notebook pages! Our graphic designer is an amazingly talented Christian man. :D He works so hard to make the clarity precise and the design professional in quality. We are blessed beyond measure that the Lord brought him into our lives. I will link him to this thread, so he can be blessed by your words too! :D

Thanks for sharing your excitement! It makes any sacrifice on our part seem small when we realize the opportunity we have to be a blessing to each of you special ladies and your families this year! :D

Blessings,
Carrie