School Bible Verse

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MomtoJGJE

School Bible Verse

Post by MomtoJGJE » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 am

Does anyone have a Bible verse for their school?

We decided to name our school Cornerstone Academy after both Jesus being our chief cornerstone AND because the cornerstone is where the foundation is laid...

Today I decided that I wanted to have a school verse, so here is what Dh and I came up with...

1 Corinthians 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have--Jesus Christ.

This is the New Living Translation, and I know nothing about that translation, but I think it's easier for the kids to understand it written this way.

I'm planning on doing some sort of art to put up in our school room (really just the breakfast nook) with the verse on it. And maybe have Jayden start a sampler that includes the verse.

frankesense

Re: School Bible Verse

Post by frankesense » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Our school verse is Mark 12:30. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength". This helps us to remember why we are doing what we are doing. We are learning to love God with all our hearts, souls, minds and with all our strength!
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm

This is neat! We also named our homeschool "Cornerstone Christian Academy" for the same reasons you mentioned!!

And I think it's cute with the verse shared about too much study making one weary--our daughter would definitely like that one! LOL :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

kiloyd

Post by kiloyd » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 am

we don't have one but I think it's a good idea. we don't even have a school name.
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 am

How did you get by with declaring in NC and not having a school name? It's a requirement :) or did you use one here that you don't want to use up there?