PHFHG extension

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MicheleW

PHFHG extension

Post by MicheleW » Mon May 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi. I am new here. I found HOD this spring at our annual HS conference and just received my teacher's guide in the mail. I am very excited to start this fall, and will spend the summer gathering supplies and books I will need.

I am planning on using PHFHG for my 4th and 5th grader and using the extension for my 7th grader. I see that the extension has him reading out of "Usborne Internet-Linked Ancient World Encyclopedia." I have the "Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopeida of World History," which covers all history. Does anyone know if the one I have would contain the same material as the Ancient Encyclopedia? My impression when I bought it a few years ago was that it had the other ones all combined. If it does contain all of the Ancient History material, does anyone know how I could figure out what pages DS should read, since the page numbers would not line up with the guide? I hate to buy another encyclopedia with the same information just to get the page numbers right.

Thanks,
Michele

arstephia

Re: PHFHG extension

Post by arstephia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 am

Hi!
I have both books (didn't know the bigger one was a collection when I bought it). But yes Ancient World is in the large World History book. I don't have my PHFHG guide yet so I can't tell you specific page numbers that it uses, but this might help:

page 4 of the Ancient World book starts at page 108 in the World History book (The First Farmers) You could just pencil in a number 4 over the page number 108 and a 5 over 109, etc. and kind of renumber your book that way so you would know what pages to read.

HTH!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

MicheleW

Re: PHFHG extension

Post by MicheleW » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Thank you so much! :D

Michele