This is AMAZING!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrskturner

This is AMAZING!

Post by mrskturner » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 pm

My package came yesterday for Bigger!!! I was even more impressed with the curriculum in person. Carrie, THANK YOU for everything you have put together for all of us. I will be using HOD every y'ear. My search for curriculum is over. And I feel so blessed and at peace with home schooling now. I am taking all my HOD books to our preacher's house this week...they home school 6 kids! They need HOD!!!

Seriously, I do not have enough words to express my sincere gratitude for HOD.
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

juliekay

Re: This is AMAZING!

Post by juliekay » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Box Day - how fun! I pray that you will enjoy Bigger in use as much as your box day! We did!
Julie
2010-2011
ds 13 RTR plus
ds 12 RTR plus
ds 8 RTR
dd 5
ds 2
We loved using Bigger & Preparing

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 am

We're doing Bigger this year! You are going to LOVE it! I too feel so blessed to have found this curriculum and know that my days of searching are OVER!
Have a wonderful time!
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

We are doing Bigger at 1/2 pace as well. We love it. The more guides I get the more excited I get to be doing it again. We are learning a lot and even though Bigger is a jump from Beyond we are starting to get used to the amount of handwriting that needs to be done. My son is remembering things and is talking about them. Not to mention all the character studies we are doing.
R&S 2 (English) is especially great as well. Nothing but good to say about HOD curriculum.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 pm

mrskturner,

I am so happy that you have your books in hand and are enjoying going through them! We pray that the Lord will bless your homeschooling endeavors as you use HOD. :D Thanks so much for sharing your enthusisasm. It blessed my heart today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

How exciting!! :D I just LOVE getting new books! I started HOD with Grant in Bigger and we had a wonderful year! You're going to enjoy the day-to-day just as much as you're enjoying the peek at the books right now. It really is great! :D

:D Kathleen

I really just want to join in your excitement here...but I feel like I need to add a little disclaimer here. When I say that we had a wonderful year and our homeschooling is great, I'm saying that as the overall picture. I do not have magazine-quality days every day. :wink: Sometimes my attitude stinks, sometimes my kids' attitudes stink, sometimes I feel like I have non-stop discipline issues when it's not convenient, life happens, etc. I don't want anyone to be discouraged & think that they're the only ones without perfect days! :roll: BUT...HOD has truly been a blessing, and I know it has contributed to my ability to mostly-happily homeschool. It really is a privilege to be at home with my kids every day...even though none of us a perfect and I love to go out & run because it's so QUIET. :lol: :wink:
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:15 pm

So happy for you!!! :D :D :D It's so fun getting your boxes!! Enjoy looking through them!

Kathleen- thank-you for posting your "little disclaimer"- I understand! I think we would all like "magazine-quality days" :wink: - but life happens, & us moms and/or our children have rough days. I am so grateful for HOD at helping make our days go as smoothly as possible. And I am so thankful for a loving & forgiving Father to give us strength & joy along the way! :D
Jessica