Bible to use?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
christina101902

Bible to use?

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:53 am

Hello, I am planning to order Little Hands to Heaven. I have been working with my daughter for the last year on learning, so I am thinking she will complete this curriculum very quickly. Then we will move on to the Little Hearts for Glory. My question is which Bible will be the best for both curriculums, The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes or Family-Time Bible? Also which Devotional will work best for both curriculums, Devotions for childrens hour or My ABC Bible Verses? Thank you for any suggestions.

A new homeschool mama,
Christina
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

mamayi

Re: Bible to use?

Post by mamayi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 am

Welcome! I just had a comment on the devotional as we have used both of them. For a 3- or 4- year old the ABC Bible Verses would be much more understandable and visual than Devotions for the Children's hour. I found the latter book more effective when my children were 5 and 6. For the Bible, we used the Family-Time Bible and have really enjoyed it. We are reading through it again for the third time and my children (the 3, 5 and 7 year olds) still engage with the pictures and story. :)
As with all HOD products you probably won't be disappointed no matter which one you choose. :)
Andrea
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 am

Thank you for your help :)
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 am

We are using the Bible picture in Little Eyes for LHTH and the Family Bible for LHFHG. I think if you plan to use it for Little Hearts I would go with the Family Bible. Both are very nice, but there is a little more elaloration in the family Bible. My son loves it, there are many large pictures.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 am

Ty countrymom. Which would you reccomend for devotion, I really would like to only purchase one.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am

Hello Christina! Welcomce to HOD! :D You are going to love it! We have truly reaped the benefits of having a godly homeschool curriculum that touches the hearts & minds of our little ones with Christ! :D :D
This year we are going through LHTH(Little Hands to Heaven)- and it has been wonderful. We chose -The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes- and -Big Thoughts for Little People. We have really enjoyed both of these. Next year for LHFHG (Little Hearts for His Glory), we will be using -Family Time Bible- and -Devotions for the Children's Hour- that go along with that program. If you are able to get different Bibles & devotionals for the different programs, I would recommend that, as the Bible(s) & devotional(s) are laid out for you in the daily plans. :D But- if you have to choose just one devotional & one Bible, I would think Andrea's suggestions would be just great!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Jessica

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 am

I am so blessed to find HOD. I had been searching and searching trying to find an afforable curriculum that did not lack in quality. A curriculm that offered LA, Math as well as Science from a christian perspective. Then to find out that the HOD curriculum also includes history, I could not ask for more. It is amazing that I stumbled across you, and I am super excited to get underway. The message board has also been very helpful, as I am sure I will have more questions to come in the next few months. :D
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Ty countrymom. Which would you reccomend for devotion, I really would like to only purchase one.
I have only glanced at the ABC book that a friend has and it seemed nice (we use Big Thoughts for Little People for LHTH). I would not use Devotions for Childrens hour with a younger child. My son is almost 5 and we have done fine, but I would not get it for a early 4 yr old (sounds like your daughter would be older). The ABC will not match LHFHG. I would probably get Devotions for Childrens Hour to match LHFHG if age was not an issue.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC