Thank you, Carrie!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gmhaynes

Thank you, Carrie!

Post by gmhaynes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Carrie,
I just want to say thank you for putting this curriculum together. This is our first year homeschooling, and we are using LHFHG (dd, 5) and LHTH (ds,3). We were really skeptical at first as to whether homeschooling would work for us since our daughter was not happy about the idea of doing "school at home." We have seen a complete change in her. She looks forward to our school time everyday. She asks for more because "it is so much fun!". You have completely taken the guess work out of this experience for our family, and I am ever so grateful. I keep looking ahead at the next few years, and I can't wait to use them with our children. Your work has been an unbelievable blessing to us, and I tell everyone I know about your curriculum.

You may hear thank you a lot but it never hurts to hear it again!

Thank you again for what you do!

Mary
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9

lmercon

Re: Thank you, Carrie!

Post by lmercon » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Ditto to everything pp said!
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Mary,

That's wonderful news, celebrating with you!

Candice :D

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 pm

It only gets better :D
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 am

Mary - I loved hearing this! It is an incredible blessing to be at peace with homeschooling. It lets us fully enjoy it. HOD has blessed our home so much as well - for about 8 years now. You have many wonderful years with HOD ahead of you. Please do tell others about HOD - that is my prayer each day - for other families to find HOD and experience the joy I have with it. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

gmhaynes

Post by gmhaynes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Ladies, thanks so much for the encouragement. When it comes to our children, I think we all can agree that we want what's best and sometimes we agonize over what that is. My husband and I are so happy that the Lord led us to homeschooling, and we are even more excited about the changes and the growth that we are seeing in our children. I really can't wait to get to the next few years of curriculum!

Mary
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9