If you are using CTC make sure....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Daisy

If you are using CTC make sure....

Post by Daisy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:31 pm

you read your child's "Story of the Ancient World" because

IT IS AWESOME!!

Hubby and I fought over who got to read it first last night. :lol: :mrgreen:

We are just trying to stay a week or so ahead of her not because we HAVE to but because we've had such great conversations. Great book!
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

horsinaround

Re: If you are using CTC make sure....

Post by horsinaround » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:57 pm

I completely agree! We all are loving this book! We are having some great discussions from this book.

Blessings,
Linda
Wife of one great guy and
Mom to dd 17, dd12, and ds11

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:59 pm

I know - I'm wanting to pour over it this weekend! I only read the first part and couldn't put it down. I'm sooo jealous of my ds getting to read it (yet glad that he can, and I have time to teach the Genesis Finding Our Roots study). I agree totally - excellent reading for anyone, moms included. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

rainbowacreshs

Post by rainbowacreshs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

These books are truly great! This week I asked my dd how she was liking her new curriculum she replied "I like it! I like how the histroy is. I'm reading my Bible more and I really like how I see God in history and not just on Sunday."

As a family we have moved the Bible study portion to the evening, so two nights a week we now have a set family Bible study. Before HOD it was always hit and miss, but now we have something to look forward to and count as school! Its just so awesome to be learning about God, discussing the works of His hand, together as a family.
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 pm

How true! I was continually reading parts from that book aloud to my hubby ALL of last year as my oldest was piloting CTC. My oldest son also kept coming to me during his readings too to say, "Mom did you know....", and then following it up with some amazing tidbit of information. :D

Right now my hubby and I are warring over who gets to read MOH III, as we'll pilot that coming up for RTR. Every time I turn around to write plans from it, my hubby has it off in the corner somewhere reading covertly! :D

What a great problem to have! I must admit I am fascinated too. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie