So many BINDERS!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaBear23Cubs

So many BINDERS!

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Okay so I went thru our school closet and now have some empty binders for this years schooling. My daughter has a binder for history and for science. I think they are 2 in. Once they are filled I will just do another 2in. I seem to have many of this size. I aslo learned that with the really big binders they sit up pretty when full at least for me. When I pull them out the pages seem to scream, let us out! Anyways I have another binder for her language arts. Her math and english are workbooks so the work will stay in there since my daughter got upset when I tore out the pages and put them in a binder last year. I will put poetry, spelling/dication in this binders along with vocabulary. She is going to be using Preparing, three binders to start with should be enough? I also have a binder for my K4 and my K5 as well. It makes life a bit simpler to have it all in binders. Another thing, where to put these things? My books are on the bookshelf in the living/dining room area. I want to hind the binders because they are just not pretty out and about? Any ideas? I was thinking of a plastic crate thing to put them in or maybe I can find another small bookshelf for the closet. It wouldn't be waste for another bookself because I can put other school stuff on the bookshlelf and clear up my two small desks that are used for school time.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

water2wine

Re: So many BINDERS!

Post by water2wine » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:46 pm

This is why I try to comb bind anything I can. I have six and the Binder combination would be overwhelming. I find combinding with a magazine file to keep them organized takes a lot less space. :D Just an alternative for you.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

zookeeperof3monkeys

Post by zookeeperof3monkeys » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

I used binders this year and by half-way through the year, they were very heavy. This year I am putting individual subjects in 3 prong folders. I got a ton of them free from Staples last year. I am keeping them in a magazine holder. Dictation is going to be a one subject notebook. Latin this year is going to be a lapbook. The folders are easier to write in too. I'm letting my son decorate the covers. You could let your kids decorate a paper to slide in the front cover of the binder's.
Kim
Greensboro, NC
ds 10 Beyond
ds 2 LHTH

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 pm

If your binders are older (without the place to slide in the cover), you could try contact paper.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.