Anyone used Liberty's Kids videos with Beyond?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MommyInTraining

Anyone used Liberty's Kids videos with Beyond?

Post by MommyInTraining » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone has a schedule of how to correlate the two.

Thanks!

Terri
Terri

Mommy to 6 beautiful blessings:

DD-(almost)12yo
DS-9yo
DD-7yo
DD-5yo Little Hands w/Sissy
DS-3yo Little Hands w/Sissy
DS-1yo

sted

Re: Anyone used Liberty's Kids videos with Beyond?

Post by sted » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:56 pm

I'd love to know that too! (Was just going to ask). I've heard good things about these but I was wondering what the opinion was on this by HODers? Are they pretty accurate or not?

Shannon
dd, age 14
dd, age 12
dd, age 10
ds, age 8
dd, age 5
dd, age 1

zookeeperof3monkeys

Post by zookeeperof3monkeys » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm

I've been borrowing the Liberty's Kids dvd's from netflix. We watch one episode of the dvd, then do a few units,then watch a episode,and on and on then borrow the next dvd. I think there are 6 dvds. Sorry, I don't have a schedule! They are cartoons but done really well. I think they are very educational and my boys enjoy them a lot.They are great for rainy days or 100 degree days when it's too hot to go outside! I'm considering purchasing the CD-ROM game for my son, since he's enjoying the dvds so much.
Kim
Kim
Greensboro, NC
ds 10 Beyond
ds 2 LHTH

jessyb26

Post by jessyb26 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 pm

I just ordered these for my daughter yesterday off of Amazon for under $30 for the entire set. We also rented them from Netflix but loved them so much that we decided to buy them.I thought they would help give my daughter a good visual of the history she is reading about. I would love to also hear how others have used these videos.
Jessica

Married to Jack for 11 years
Our Little Blessing Anna(7) - Bigger

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:24 pm

I agree that the Liberty's Kids DVD's are a wonderful purchase and are very well-done. We didn't coordinate watching ours along with the guides, but just watched them once a week. The boys learned so much and they go well across a variety of age levels to give a personal view of American history. They would be an excellent compliment to Beyond or Bigger. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:39 am

Liberty Kids is on tv here Mon - Thurs at 7 am. All 3 of my boys are usually up in time to watch them...they love them and are learnin soooo much :!:
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 am

We too have purchased the set from amazon recently. My DD loves them and so I'll probably try to remember as we cover some of the topics to watch the DVD again. But I don't have an official matching list yet.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH