DITHOR-breaking up chapters

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
threegreatkids

DITHOR-breaking up chapters

Post by threegreatkids » Sat May 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Just got this today! So if a book has 12 chapters do you break up the chapters into 15 equal parts? Or would you do a chapter a day and then finish the last 3 assignments without any reading? Just curious as I plan :)
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds

mamaloves4

Re: DITHOR-breaking up chapters

Post by mamaloves4 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi there!

We loved DITHOR! I divided the number of pages by how many days it is to be read (5 or 10 or 15). sometimes it worked to follow the chapters and other times it didn't. I really enjoyed seeing my dd draw out a book and enjoy the suspense of it rather than gobbling it up (like I do, too!)

Anyway, that is how we divided the books, I am sure other great ideas will come in ssoon!

Jess
Jessica
married for 12 years to Chuck
dd10--Creation to Christ
dd7--Beyond
ds4--LHTH
dd2--filling our days with joy and LHTH fingerplays and stories

MamaBear23Cubs

Re: DITHOR-breaking up chapters

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Sun May 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Depending on the length of the chapters, I try for her to read a chapter a day out loud to me. If it's going to be a long chapter then I will have her read half one day and half the next.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/