Waaah..., not doing HOD this week!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Waaah..., not doing HOD this week!

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:45 pm

I knew that I had already paid for my 11 year old son to take the Barry Stebbing workshop (How Great thou Art) this week and it's a big committment and had planned not to even start HOD at all until next week, but couldn't help myself. :oops:

Now I wish I hadn't started because I am missing it. I was looking longingly at my beautiful ol' manuels. I told them not to worry, next week! :lol:

But for those of you who have never been to what of Barry's workshops, if they come to your area, it is AMAZING! We had over 100 homeschoolers participating?! You know, Homeschoolers are pretty talented :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:11 pm

That sounds fun! :D Are you going to keep your other kids truckin' or are you waiting for your other books to come in? I can't wait to hear (and see pictures) of the next week that you get to have school. You inspired me to get my camera out this week....say cheese! :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

hsmomof4

Post by hsmomof4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Mary,

That sounds so great. We have used Barry's wonderful books for the last three years in our curriculum. I would love for my dd to do one of his workshops.

I hope your son as fun and hang in there! Next week you'll be back at it.

:lol:
HSMOMOF4

Wife to dh for 15 years
Mommy to four sweet babies, ages 9, 7, 5, 3 1/2
Military wife for 15 years!
Blessed by my Heavenly Father!
1 Peter 1:13-21

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:01 pm

well, i'd rather have that excuse then the one i have...dr appts and house showings :lol:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:43 pm

hippiechyck wrote:well, i'd rather have that excuse then the one i have...dr appts and house showings :lol:
Oh, I can only imagine how stressful selling a house is :? I think that and dr's appointments are good excuses though :wink:

Here are some pictures from today:

Barry Stebbing

(look at all those homeschoolers! :D )

Christa, fellow newbie HOD user and a precious forever friend!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hsmomof4

Post by hsmomof4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

AWESOME pictures. And, yes, Mary I did go to some PPEA things. But, my dd were only babies when we lived there 99'-03' and I hadn't had my sweet sons yet. It is a small world.

I miss Clearwater! :cry: Lots of homeschool support!!

Thanks for the pics. So, cool! :D
HSMOMOF4

Wife to dh for 15 years
Mommy to four sweet babies, ages 9, 7, 5, 3 1/2
Military wife for 15 years!
Blessed by my Heavenly Father!
1 Peter 1:13-21

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Wow! How exciting. How did you find out about that?
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 pm

hsmomof4 wrote:AWESOME pictures. And, yes, Mary I did go to some PPEA things. But, my dd were only babies when we lived there 99'-03' and I hadn't had my sweet sons yet. It is a small world.

I miss Clearwater! :cry: Lots of homeschool support!!

Thanks for the pics. So, cool! :D
This is my first year leading the PPEA South County meetings. Neoka Apple just retired after graduating her last child last May :) I don't know if you remember her but she has a daughter in Medical school now, that was homeschooled all the way through or most of the way?

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 pm

water2wine wrote:Wow! How exciting. How did you find out about that?
Our support group is the one who sponsored him. Cindy one of our event coordinators contacted him back in the fall and set everything up. If you have a group you can do the same thing. His minimum is 70 paid participants.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:46 pm

MamaMary wrote:Our support group is the one who sponsored him.
So he won't come and teach just my six kids then? :lol: Oh well. We are really not big into a group but thinking actually of getting more connected so I guess I will just keep that in the hopper.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 am

water2wine wrote:
MamaMary wrote:Our support group is the one who sponsored him.
So he won't come and teach just my six kids then? :lol: Oh well. We are really not big into a group but thinking actually of getting more connected so I guess I will just keep that in the hopper.
I KNOW!? Isn't that silly? Can't he just make housecalls? Sheesh! :lol:

netpea

bummer

Post by netpea » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:10 am

bummer, I'd like my 2 kids to get into that seminar too! :cry:

I don't think I'm up to having 70 kids.... :lol:

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:55 pm

we went to one of his classes and it was so awesome! there was over 120 kids there...they said it was the biggest one they'd done for a long time!

*hugs Mama Mary* there, there! you will be back in the HOD groove soon!
:D
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: