Children's Bible choice for Little Hearts and Beyond

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
icukirt

Children's Bible choice for Little Hearts and Beyond

Post by icukirt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Does anyone have a children's Bible for both Little (Family-Time or 101 FAvorite Stories) and Beyond (The Early Reader's Bible or The Beginner's Bible) and how did you chose one over the other?

This coming year I will use it for a boy, but will use for dd in 2-3 years...

I tried to do a search for a previous post but I couldn't find anything specific to this. As always, thanks in advance!
Kirstin
Kirstin
wife to Scott since 2001
step-mom to ds (14) in private school
mom to ds (5 1/2) will start LHFHG 2009-2010
mom to dd (2) who is speech delayed and has just started speech therapy

Mrs. Lilac

Re: Children's Bible choice for Little Hearts and Beyond

Post by Mrs. Lilac » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:16 pm

One thing I did, Kirstin, was to look up various children's Bibles (like the 2 choices offered with Beyond, for instance) on Amazon.com or Christianbook.com where you can often look inside the book and get a feel for what the text and pictures are like. Hope that helps! :)
Wife (2000)
DD "Opal" (5)..finishing K, making crafts
DS "Teddy" (3)..battling autism, loves everything Maisy
DS "River" (3)..puppies, lots of giggles

A blog about great books for kids.....http://lilaclibrary.wordpress.com

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 am

For LHFHG, I simply chose the bible that was listed for my daughter's age range, the Family Time Bible, and I'm glad I did! She adores this bible, she loves the artwork, it isn't babyish or cartoonish, like so many chidren's bibles are. As for Beyond, which we'll be doing next year, I already have an early readers bible, which is fairly new, so we will be using that for her Emerging Reader bible. I would love to go with one of Carrie's picks but I can't justify the added expense when we have one that will do the job.

Blessings!
Last edited by funkmomma71 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:22 am

My son loved using the Family Time Bible this year for Little lHearts For His Glory.The illistrations are very good and really helped hold his attention and helped him understand the message.
Next year we have selected the beginners bible.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 pm

I can't compare the Bibles for LHFHG for you, but I know for the emerging readers there's a difference in reading level of the 2. The Early Readers Bible has an easier reading level than the Beginners Bible. So, lots of moms start with the easier one. I've seen some say that they start with The Early Readers Bible and then do The Beginners Bible before going through all the other emerging readers. I think I'll probably do this with Alli because she'll probably be on the young side when we're ready for the emerging readers.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH