Long break

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mskogen

Long break

Post by mskogen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 pm

We have been on break the last 4 weeks. We have had family visting and enjoying the great weather. We will start in Beyond on Monday. I can't wait to get back to school....

Michelle
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Lynnw

Re: Long break

Post by Lynnw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Good for you! I see you're in Sarasota, FL - I'll bet you have had beautiful weather! I was blessed to go there for a week with my Mom and my baby (while dh stayed home with our other kiddos) around New Years and it was absolutely beautiful. I'll be glad to get to visit again someday.

We're on week 6 of Beyond and loving it!

Happy schooling!
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

MainelyJen

Post by MainelyJen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:29 am

Breaks are a wonderful thing, but it always amazes me how good it feels to get back to a normal routine. We take the entire month of December off each year, and I love that. But it gives me an entirely new appreciation for January! I just love that "let's get back to work" feeling. It's comforting, somehow!
~ Jennifer
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JennyMaine

Catherine, 14, Where Brook and River Meet
Samuel, 12, Preparing Hearts

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 am

Florida is so beautiful this time of year, I miss it! The mild weather and sunshine.........

Glad your back and getting started again. We loved using Beyond!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:19 pm

MainelyJen wrote:Breaks are a wonderful thing, but it always amazes me how good it feels to get back to a normal routine. We take the entire month of December off each year, and I love that. But it gives me an entirely new appreciation for January! I just love that "let's get back to work" feeling. It's comforting, somehow!
Well said! :D I feel the same way after our Christmas break. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie