Rod & Staff TM

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mskogen

Rod & Staff TM

Post by mskogen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:32 am

Just wondering if the TM for Rod & Staff english is necessary?

Thanks,
Michelle
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Jen in Va

Re: Rod & Staff TM

Post by Jen in Va » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 am

I haven't started R&S with my youngest yet, but used the grammar quite successfully with both my older children. I like to get the TM because they often have an oral review of previous lessons to start off a new lesson--or an oral quiz. As you get into diagramming sentences, especially more complex diagramming, they are a must. You could probably get by without one in grade two, but after that I'd have one as they include the answers to problems, information on what/how to teach each lesson, reviews/quizzes not included in the student book, and if you get the workbook (we use these as review) and test booklet, it also includes the answers for those as well. The Rod and Staff books are nicely made hardback books and are quite reasonable for what you get.
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:52 am

Thanks for the help. Having the answers is a plus. I always get the answer key it saves me time in not having to figure the answer myself! :D
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Leslie in TN

Post by Leslie in TN » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:52 am

Ditto what Jen said :) We'd be sunk without the oral review included in the TM each day.
Leslie in TN
Mama to Eva & Laura (16) and Samuel (14)

Currently using: World Geography with VideoText Algebra
Veterans of Rev2Rev, CTC, PHFHG and BLHFHG