My Plan... what do you think?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Teena6

My Plan... what do you think?

Post by Teena6 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi, Everyone. It is always so nice to come here and share and be refreshed. I appreciate so much the work/ministry that Carrie does.

This is what I am thinking..... first let me say that I was looking at the scope/sequence and I am very excited!

ok ...

so my 5yr old & 6 yr old (7 this week) - doing LHFHG ... and we will continue on... with BHFHG and the Preparing.

With Alyssa (she is 11 not 12 till Aug. she is in 5th)... and we are doing BHFHG w/ extensions. We will continue on with this until she finishes and then do Preparing w/ extensions... and THEN we will do.. Hearts for Him through time... w/ extensions ... (she will be in 7th then).

Does THIS sound right?

She LOVES BHFHG and I am so glad we started there. She needed the American History and she falls in love with it. She loved Almost Home, and so many of the readers... she tells me all about it. We are reading Baby Island and we both laugh ... she loves listening to the hymns and reading about them. :)

I thank you Carrie for this. I was telling my daughter in law today that I really do not want to put Alyssa on dvds (we usually do in the older grades 9-12~ our Dakota 9th is doing dvds) it isn't my favorite. I fall short in math and have a hard time explaining it..... but I do feel hopeful w/ HOD.

:mrgreen:
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

water2wine

Re: My Plan... what do you think?

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Congratulations on your decision. You will love it. Your plan sounds great. Your little ones will want to go from LHFHG to Beyond next. And your older will do great with Preparing after Bigger. So happy for you that you have a plan. You will love HOD! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks :) We love HOD. It really works for me. All of them love it. But with Alyssa .... she just REALLY *gets* it and that is amazing to me. :) Everything clicks.... :)
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Teena,

I'm so blessed to hear that Alyssa loves Bigger Hearts for His Glory. I remember discussing on this board where she should be placed, and I always love to hear follow-ups to see how the kiddos are doing. How wonderful that Alyssa is enjoying her year and that you're feeling refreshed. That is the Lord's doing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie