Please be praying for MamaMary and her Son!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

Re: Please be praying for MamaMary and her Son!

Post by water2wine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 am

Mary,

Thank you so much for the update. I was thinking you guys might be in the hospital. I am praising God for a clear diagnosis. I know it must be very hard to hear the diagnosis and there must be much fear but as you know God goes with you on this too. Praying for you! And knowing God has you in His arms!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 am

Awe man. I was really hoping this would be an isolated incidence. I will be praying!
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Mary,

I've been praying for you and Seth, and your family, the past week. I've been thinking of the adjustments you're going through (with a new diagnosis) and the challenge of a hospital stay, knowing it cannot be easy. Thanks for the update and know that the ladies here are surrounding you with prayer.

Blessings,
Carrie

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Mary-
first off, it will be an honor to pray for you guys! I am glad you can see your daddy's arms around you, even as you struggle. ((((Mary)))

Second, I had childhood epilepsy, and my 10 yr old did, too. We both have outgrown it-so it is possible! In fact, I am a little more alternative then some, :wink: and we successfully treated my son with dietary changes, chiropractic care, and accupuncture. He's been seizure free for over 5 years now, PTL!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Mary,

Thank you for the update on Seth. I will continue to pray for your family and I am glad you took time to come home and feel normal for even an hour. That is important in being the best for Seth and the rest of your family. Keep us updated.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Savmom

Post by Savmom » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:33 am

I'm not new to the board, but rarely post. I will be praying for peace that passes all understanding as I know how difficult it is to hear the Epilepsy diagnosis. My daughter is 6 and was diagnosed 3 years ago with both Temporal Lobe & Benign Rolandic Epilepsy. Her seizures are directly related to sleep (meaning mom now survives on less sleep than she did when the babies were newborns :P ). It took almost a year for me to relax & trust God with her diagnosis, although my heart still stops everytime she has a seizure :cry: .

My heart/prayers go out to you & your family.

Cindy

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:35 am

We are home and doing well. Thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement. Honestly, those things are like putting gas in your gas tank so you can keep going. It is 4am as I write this and you may wonder why in the world I am up. (smile) Tonight is our BIG homeschool support group meeting and that means I have to speak. I love how quiet my house seems right now. Everyone is sleeping and it's just me and the Lord. A friend today told me that I should get our leadership team to take over tonights meeting and I should stay home. Her heart is protective because she loves me and loves my family, but the truth is, I can't WAIT for tonights meeting. Let me tell you why......

Here are some details of where we are with my sweet little Seth and how the Lord had me plan tonights homeschool support group meeting way back in July to line up perfectly. (unbeknownst to me) Seth, has been diagnosed with "Benign Rolandic Epilepsy". He is taking anti-seizure meds and doing excellent on them. We went to see our holistic doctor and he found that Seth's dopamine was low and his seratonin is high. He put him on three supplements and and changed his diet. He has to have protein with every meal and was taken off all white sugar, flour products.

I find it interesting that tonights support group meeting is called, "Becoming The Best Homeschooler I Can Be". It was planned back in July and the whole purpose and focus tonight will be talking about how to get fit spiritually and physically for the great calling the Lord has given us as mothers. I have moms coming who have lost over 100 pounds who are going to talk about making permanent, healthy lifestyle choices. I have a personal trainer coming who will talk about how to fit fitness into your life and how to include your children in that. Sue Becker from BreadBeckers is coming because she's in town shooting segments for CTN. My friend Brenda will be talking about milling your own grain and making your own grain products. (Though I've done this since 2002 I've not been consistent in my busyness) My spiritual mentor is coming to talk about how to get fit spiritually through having a powerful consistent quiet time. I need constant re-enforcement of all these things and I'm sure I'll walk away with Brand new information.

I am in awe of the Lords perfect timing. When I planned this meeting I thought it would be a great boost for those of us who always have New Year Resolutions to get in shape. But the Lord knew the bigger picture and planned out perfectly the timing. (I can only see today, but He knows my tomorrow's) I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to show me. This meeting is gong to fill my cup as much as those in attendance. Then next week I plan to pull my HOD manuel out, grab our books and snuggle together in normalcy. Oh how I miss that special island of time that we do school. The time that I get to purposely build memories with my boys.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:16 am

Mary,

May the Good Lord continue to be you and your family's supply! What a relief it must be to have an answer to what is causing your son's seizures. I will not pretend to be able to completely understand the grief and worry you must have been experiencing, you have shown such incredible grace and trust in the Lord, you are in inspiration. May He continue to surround you with peace and joy.

He is so wonderful, I am in awe of what the Lord has done in my family and marriage this year. It is wonderful to hear your testimony of trust in the Lord. May you have wonderful day today, may He Bless you tonight with assurances of His protection and good will for you and your son.

God Bless you,
Nancy
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

Candice

Post by Candice » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:31 am

Mary,

What a relief to hear that you have a solid diagnosis for Seth and that you have a plan to keep him healthy and happy.

I am continually amazed with your comittment and obedience to the Lord as well as your complete trust in Him in all ways. I strive to put my faith in Him always, but find that I am constantly getting in my own way.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and letting us in to share what He has revealed for you and your family. You are such a shining light to all of us in many ways.
I can hardly wait to hear about your experiences with Him at the meeting!

Candice

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Mary,

I've been thinking and praying for you lots, too. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to make a plan to help Seth. And, I have to say that your Support Group meeting looks wonderful! :D What a blessing to have this special time with other moms remembering the SOURCE of our strength! I hope you have/had a wonderful time today!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Mary,

I'm so glad for the update and to hear how the Lord is working in your life and in Seth's life. I love to see how Jesus radiates through all that you do. It is an encouragement to me in my walk with the Lord each day.

We'll be thinking of you in the coming weeks as you settle into your changed routines. It's good to hear Seth is doing well. Now, make sure to take care of yourself too! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Cindy,

I also wanted to thank you for sharing what you're going through with your own little one. I pray the Lord will be near unto you (and your precious child) and that you'll feel His arms around you. It is a blessing to have the Christian love and community that we find on this board. I'm so glad that you posted.

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:29 pm

I'm continuing to lift you up in prayer, Mary! Thank you for sharing what's happening now, and I will continue to pray for Seth's health. May God raise you up on eagle's wings and help you through this difficult time. He is by your side through all of this. He knows your needs and will be there to fill them. Praise God for your unwavering faith!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Mary praise God that you have a diagnosis that is controllable. I know God has a purpose in this and you and your son will be a witness through it. Still praying for his healing and peace for you. I pray that your strength is renewed tonight and that God puts just the right people in your path. I will continue to pray for you guys. It is so good to hear the joy and trust in your post. I know God is with you. Enjoy yourself! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)