HOD at Orlando FPEA Convention???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tiffanieh

HOD at Orlando FPEA Convention???

Post by tiffanieh » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Carrie,

Please tell me that you plan to visit sunny Orlando for the annual homeschool convention?????? I have shared HOD with everyone I know and I would really love to show YOU off at the convention.

I'm sure Mama Mary and I could wear our HODie shirts and pompoms!!!

It's the largest attended convention in the country too!

Please......
Tiffanie
http://www.thehagefamily.blogspot.com
Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, 1/2 of BHFHG and now doing PHFHG
Mommy to Ethan (10) and Ashton (9)

MamaMary

Re: HOD at Orlando FPEA Convention???

Post by MamaMary » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 pm

No Pressure Carrie, just because we're going to carry signs and begin a petition :lol: :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Ladies,

We do desperately want to come to Florida, BUT we exhibit in North Carolina that same weekend. Since it is just my mom and dad and my sister and I who exhibit for HOD, we can't be in two places at once. We are considering alternating by year, attending Winston-Salem, NC one year and the FPEA the next. So, if that works out for us, we could be in FPEA in 2010. :D

Atlanta, Georgia will be the closest we'll get to Florida this year. :roll: Even though I would LOVE to see you ladies in HOD T-shirts WITH pom-poms AND signs. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:59 pm

I know someone who uses a different curriculum...she has actually been to conventions to represent the company. She takes all her stuff, sets up, and talks to the attendees there about the curriculum. She is not a rep., does not make money for it...she just believes so much in the program that she is willing to do this for them. I'm not sure how she got started doing this....but it could be an idea. Maybe some of your most devoted HODies in FL, who have all the manuals, would be willing to set up for you...you could guide them in how to do it, down to every detail. Just a thought! :lol:

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Sort of on topic...sort of off topic...when will the 2009 convention schedule come out??????????
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:11 pm

Woo HOO for 2010! Carrie, I totally understand and I so appreciate how you make your family your priority!

InHisTiming, I just had to smile as I read your post. I had a vision of me with a table and all my HOD manuels. As my girlfriends giggle and run off to the pool without me. My Betty couldn't handle it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Carrie wrote: Atlanta, Georgia will be the closest we'll get to Florida this year. :roll: Even though I would LOVE to see you ladies in HOD T-shirts WITH pom-poms AND signs. :wink:
Yeah! Let's all meet there because that is where I will be and it will be my first convention ever! :D I would love to meet all the HODies in person! I could do the T-shirt but someone else will have to carry the pom-poms. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Ooooh...I might have to make a road trip to Atlanta. It's only about a 1 1/2 hour drive from my parent's in Chattanooga. That would be so much fun to meet up with other HODies!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah! Stephanie that would be great! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 pm

yeah for Atlanta too! Me & water2wine have been talking privately about meeting up at the Atlanta convention!! It would be great to have HOD there. I was planning on going to Atlanta and another one with HOD there so I could meet Carrie. :D I trip would be better. Atlanta is 3 hours or a little more away for me but the other conventions I was planning on trying to get to are over 12 hours away :shock: so Atlanta would be AWESOME!!

I would also like to know when we might see a convention schedule. I start planning in Jan for conventions LOL.
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:22 am

Paige here is the South East Homeschool Expo. This may be the one Carrie will hit because I think it is the largest and it is actually in Atlanta but there are others in GA so wait for her to confirm. Not all the vendors are signed up for 2009 yet.
http://www.georgiahomeschool.com/module ... ?itemid=11

We will have to wait for Carrie to confirm if she even knows for sure yet. :D

BTW Florida is really the neighbor to GA and maybe Miss Mary could drive up? Ok I am just hoping. It would be a lot of fun! :wink:

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 am

HOD t-shirts??????????
Can I PLEASE see a picture of one?
:wink: Dorla

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 am

Dorla wrote:HOD t-shirts??????????
Can I PLEASE see a picture of one?
:wink: Dorla

Hahaha! Well I am sure we can come up with something but they do not exist at this time. Maybe I can chat with DH. He actually has designed a few and he is from SD too. But we will have to come up with something. Are you coming to GA Dorla? :D I'll wait for your answer before I jump up and down. :wink:

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am

Would looove to go to GA - but I don't see it happening!
But even if I stay in Texas will you send me T-shirt?
Dorla

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 am

If we make bootleg HOD shirts I will be happy to make sure you get one. :D I did ask my husband and he was excited to do it for fun. :D But if we come up with anything I would need to pass it by Carrie even though we would not use their logos. I would just want to make sure she was OK with it. But hey she was the one that sort of suggested it. :P

Anyone designing pom-poms? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: