back...in part

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
inHistiming

back...in part

Post by inHistiming » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Well, we are in the house and have begun doing a bit of our school again, though we haven't started back up with our reading in history, etc. yet. We are starting with handwriting, english, and math..along with our co-op homework each week. I think we probably have another week or so before we will be able to start back up full speed with HOD. There are still many boxes in the basement (our school room) to be unpacked..so we have to clear more space before getting started there comfortably. I am anxious to get back into HOD, though. I miss the daily Bible and all the history readings and science experiments! :? Plus, I miss the structure it gives to our days...I feel like we're off-kilter right now. We are enjoying the vacation time and spending time with my family....we'll start back up for sure by the time they leave, then take the week of Thanksgiving off. I'm looking forward to getting back to being a full-time HODIE! :lol:

In other news, we saw the OB yesterday and had our ultrasound. If anyone is interested, check out my blog to see pictures and to find out the gender! :D

Kathleen

Re: back...in part

Post by Kathleen » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Wendy,

I'm so glad to "see" you again! :D I'm glad that you're getting organized...that's such a good feeling. I agree that being in your "school groove" does help the day go smoother (and you know what you accomplished :lol: ). We've had kind of an off week here, too...and I'm ready for a "normal" one.

Congratulations on those great pictures of your growing little one!! :D I remember you just announcing your pregnancy...it's flying by for me! :wink: But then, I'm not the one with all the pregnancy "perks". :lol: Have fun!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:35 pm

I love ultrasound pictures. Technology is an amazing thing...to be able to look inside at this little person God is knitting in your womb is an awesome thing. Glad the move went well!!!!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 am

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your precious little girl. I will be praying for you as you go through your pregnancy. Praise God for this little blessing!!!!!
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!